Problem installing cd burner

• Thread starter z4955
  • Start date
In summary, after reformatting the computer, the speaker is experiencing trouble installing their CD burner. Despite having enough free space on the hard drive, they are getting an error message asking for more space on the installation disk in the CD ROM drive. The speaker mentions that most CD burners do not require specific drivers and suggests using burner software like Nero instead.
z4955
I reformatted my computer and now everything seems to be working good again excpet now I can't get my cd burner to install. I hooked the burner up and put the installation disk in D drive (CD ROM) and hit install. I get a message saying "access is denied" then "LoadLangauge failed" then "There is not enough space on drive D:\ to extract this package. Please free up 16.43 MB and click Retry." why is it asking for more space on the installation disk cd in the cd rom drive? when I check for available space on C drive in tools, all I get is info on A drive which is the floppy disk drive. I do, however, have 14.8 GB free on the hard drive. I've never had this trouble installing my cd burner before.

Computer science news on Phys.org
z4955 said:
I reformatted my computer and now everything seems to be working good again excpet now I can't get my cd burner to install. I hooked the burner up and put the installation disk in D drive (CD ROM) and hit install. I get a message saying "access is denied" then "LoadLangauge failed" then "There is not enough space on drive D:\ to extract this package. Please free up 16.43 MB and click Retry." why is it asking for more space on the installation disk cd in the cd rom drive? when I check for available space on C drive in tools, all I get is info on A drive which is the floppy disk drive. I do, however, have 14.8 GB free on the hard drive. I've never had this trouble installing my cd burner before.

Most cd burners don't need specific drivers anymore. Just download burner software like Nero and you're good to go.

It seems like there may be a few potential issues causing this problem. First, make sure that the installation disk is not damaged or scratched, as this could prevent it from properly installing. Additionally, double check that the burner is compatible with your computer and operating system.

If those factors are not the issue, it could be a problem with the available space on your D drive. Even though you have 14.8 GB free on your hard drive, the installation process may require a specific amount of space on the D drive. You can try freeing up some space by deleting unnecessary files or programs, or you may need to allocate more space to the D drive.

Another possibility is that the installation process is trying to extract files to the D drive, but it is unable to do so because it does not have the necessary permissions. In this case, you may need to adjust the permissions for the D drive to allow the installation process to access it.

Overall, it may be helpful to contact the manufacturer of the burner for further assistance or to seek help from a computer technician who can troubleshoot the issue in person.

1. What could be causing my CD burner to not install properly?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to compatibility issues with your computer's operating system or hardware, outdated drivers, or a faulty CD burner itself. Make sure to check for any updates or try using a different CD burner to troubleshoot the problem.

2. How can I fix a problem with my CD burner not being recognized by my computer?

This issue could be caused by a faulty connection, outdated drivers, or a malfunctioning CD burner. Check the connections and try updating the drivers. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to replace the CD burner.

3. What are some common error messages that may appear when trying to install a CD burner?

Some common error messages include "Device not recognized," "Driver not found," or "Installation failed." These messages usually indicate a problem with either the CD burner itself or the connection between the CD burner and the computer.

4. Can I install a CD burner on any type of computer?

It depends on the CD burner's compatibility with the computer's operating system and hardware. Some CD burners may only work with certain types of computers, so it is important to check the specifications before attempting to install.

5. Is there any software I need to install for my CD burner to work?

Most CD burners come with software that needs to be installed for it to work properly. This software may include drivers, burning programs, or other necessary components. It is important to follow the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer to ensure proper functionality.