Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem installing cd burner

1. Mar 26, 2005 #1
    I reformatted my computer and now everything seems to be working good again excpet now I can't get my cd burner to install. I hooked the burner up and put the installation disk in D drive (CD ROM) and hit install. I get a message saying "access is denied" then "LoadLanguage failed" then "There is not enough space on drive D:\ to extract this package. Please free up 16.43 MB and click Retry." why is it asking for more space on the installation disk cd in the cd rom drive? when I check for available space on C drive in tools, all I get is info on A drive which is the floppy disk drive. I do, however, have 14.8 GB free on the hard drive. I've never had this trouble installing my cd burner before.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2005 #2
    Most cd burners don't need specific drivers anymore. Just download burner software like Nero and you're good to go.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?