1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem involving power, mass, incline, and finding a max. velocity

1. Jan 19, 2006 #1
    a 1360.7 kg car has an engine which can deliver 59,680 watts to the rear wheels. what is the max. velocity at which the car can climb a 15-degree hill?

i have no idea how to solve this. immediate help would be GREATLY appreciated!

the work i have done was setting up a triangle with the mass as the hypotenuse....and found the side opposite the 15-degree angle to be 352.17....and from there i am just lost.

i don't see how using the given numbers could help find a maximum velocity. we have a test tomorrow, and this question is on it. our teacher said he would give no advice as to how to solve it. he actually suggested that we find a place much like this one in order to figure out what to do.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2006 #2
    oh good lord. i've now made a complete fool of myself.

at first i thought there was no way to edit the topic, which i now see that there is. i also thought you were able to delete threads you started. and you cannot.

so uh. that's the reason for my uh...idiocy. i apologize.
  4. Jan 19, 2006 #3
    this is driving me up a wall.

i've made no progress
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?