1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pros, Cons, and Moral Issues for Space Colonization

1. Mar 16, 2008 #1
    That is the question at hand and it's for a first year biology course. I have my sources and I have my opinions on the matter, but a lot, if not all, of my sources are popular sources from magazines or mainstream science sites. I was wondering if anyone knew any journal articles in academic journals that could possibly give me more insight into these questions. (I can't find any and my professor abhors popular sources).
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2008 #2
    -a question for a first year biology class.

Why is this a question for a first year biology class?

I would ignore the first question and answer the 'why' question. After all we are talking moral issues (in a class that is overtly an introductory biology class). But that's just me, and I wouldn't last with such a professor.

Would you say your professor has a hidden agenda?
  4. Mar 16, 2008 #3
    I don't know why it's for a first-year biology class. I guess he wants us to start thinking scientifically to come up with hypotheses and reasons.

And yes, he probably does have a hidden agenda, or he's a cranky type of person since he failed 80% of the class on the midterm, with an average of 37% for the entire class.
  5. Mar 16, 2008 #4
    Well... Jump the hoops and tell him what he wants to hear-- which apparently has little to do with biology but more to do with usual progressive turpitude swirling among the humanities and soft sciences. But with that last comment I don't know where he stands.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?