1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Proving constant velocity

1. Sep 23, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Prove that 2 motorized toy cars have a constant velocity.
    A car was set up at a marked spot, then turned on and left to go for 3m. This was done three separate times and was timed using 2 timers (2 people).
    how can i prove a constant velocity?

I have the averages for both times given and I have averaged out how long it took for the car to go 1m.

What type of graph should I used to prove a constant velocity? How do I prove a constant velocity? Position v. Time or Velocity v. Time graph?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2009 #2
    you have to measure and graph distance travelled vs. time and see if you get a straight line.

4. Sep 23, 2009 #3
    Ok, so I got my velocity. So I just graph the velocities on a graph and link them to see if i have a straight line? If the line/velocities are similar can i conclude that they have the same velocities (allowing room for errors, such as reaction time)?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook