PSPICE error message when simulating CMOS inverter circuit.

In summary, the conversation discusses common errors and issues that can occur in a PSPICE simulation of a CMOS inverter circuit. These include a "node undefined" error, a "time step too small" error, a "convergence problem," incorrect results, and a "device model not found" error. Each error has its own cause and potential solution, such as checking for missing or incorrectly labeled nodes, adjusting simulation settings, double checking component values, or ensuring all necessary model files are present and properly referenced. Overall, careful attention to circuit design, simulation settings, and component values is crucial for avoiding these errors and obtaining accurate results in a PSPICE simulation.
Shloa4
Hi. I receive an error message once simulating in PSPICE. I have attached a file that explains the problem in details. Will be glad to know the source of the problem.
Thanks! :redface:

Attachments

• Problem.pdf
    643.5 KB · Views: 671
Engineering news on Phys.org
Write "VTO" instead of "VTP" and "VTN" for both nmos and pmos.
VTO = -1.5 for pmos and VTO = 1 for NMOS

Also KN can not be accepted as model parameters. Change it to KP.

KP is automatically regarded as Kn in NMOS.

Thanks a lot! you've really helped me :smile:

No Problemo ! Post any problem related circuit simulators and I'll be glad to answer.

1. Why am I getting a "node undefined" error in my PSPICE simulation of a CMOS inverter circuit?

The "node undefined" error in PSPICE is typically caused by a missing or incorrectly labeled node in your circuit. Check your schematic carefully to ensure that all nodes are properly connected and labeled.

2. What does the "time step too small" error mean in a PSPICE simulation of a CMOS inverter?

The "time step too small" error indicates that the time step used in the simulation is too small to accurately model the behavior of the circuit. This can be caused by a highly dynamic circuit or incorrect simulation settings. Try increasing the time step or adjusting simulation settings to resolve this error.

3. How can I fix a "convergence problem" in my PSPICE simulation of a CMOS inverter?

A "convergence problem" in PSPICE occurs when the simulation is unable to reach a steady state solution. This can be caused by incorrect component values, improper simulation settings, or a poorly designed circuit. Double check your component values and simulation settings, and consider simplifying or redesigning your circuit to improve convergence.

4. Why is my PSPICE simulation of a CMOS inverter circuit giving me incorrect results?

Incorrect results in a PSPICE simulation can be caused by a variety of factors, including incorrect component values, improper simulation settings, or a flawed circuit design. Double check your component values and simulation settings, and consider simplifying or redesigning your circuit to improve accuracy.

5. What does the "device model not found" error mean in a PSPICE simulation of a CMOS inverter?

The "device model not found" error indicates that PSPICE is unable to locate the model for a specific component used in the circuit. This can be caused by a missing or incorrectly specified model file. Make sure all necessary model files are present and properly referenced in your simulation settings.