1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quantum Computing

1. Apr 16, 2017 #1
    Is there any opportunities to start Quantum Computing career after BSc Physics?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 17, 2017 #2
    To study Quantum Computing in MSc is there any specific options available?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
  4. Apr 17, 2017 #3

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

With respect to the deleted posts here: It is a small line between a reasonable talk about special companies, bashing them or promoting them. Neither promotion nor bashing can be in our interest. I can imagine that D-wave is an issue in this context people want to talk about. But if so, please name the references, or even better provide the links rather than to claim something which cannot be proven or is troublesome to prove. E.g. I didn't find the specifics listed in one of the removed posts on their website. In addition the list contained a rather general list of qualifications which applies to basically all jobs. No need to mention a special company then.

As it is apparently not clear, whether D-wave already (state of today) has achieved their goals or not, we would prefer to avoid this matter. You're welcome to answer the OP's question and if the naming of certain companies cannot be avoided, please add references or links.

5. Apr 23, 2017 #4
    If you have strong, related research experience you can get a job in quantum computing, but from what I understand, it's quite rare.

A friend of mine who was an exceptional researcher as an undergraduate in experimental low-temperature electronics/superconducting device physics got a job at a top company's quantum computing R&D division.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted