Question about my computer - what is it compatible with?

• Thread starter bodeeeey
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary: 't forget to install a new heatsink and fan, especially if you are going to upgrade the processor or graphics card.
bodeeeey
hi there

I have an Acer ASPIRE Z3750, intel i3, 4gb ram, and I am looking into making it better, i was looking at geforce 570, 580, 590 etc and than i realized that my motherboard has to be compatible before i go and do anything, I've looked on thousands of websites and not one has helped me to figure out if it is compatible or not, and i really want to make my computer as good as it can possibly be, please help. I am also looking into putting a i5 processor in it but I am not sure if the computer will be compatible with it either.

Computer science news on Phys.org
This is the manual for your computer: http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/Manuals/acer/2011/ServiceGuides/SG_Aspire_Z3750_Z3751_Z5750_Z5751_20100910.pdf
Your motherboard's specifications are on the 10th page. To replace the processor, you need to make sure the new processor is compatible with the LGA 1156 socket (Socket H).
To replace the graphics card, you can get any PCI Express x16 compatible card. However, you will need a more powerful power supply than 220W to drive most good gaming cards together with the rest of your hardware, so you should upgrade this as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you upgrade you'll have to make sure the case has enough room for a new gpu and power supply. Often these prebuilts are too narrow and that one is less than 4" deep. Be sure to also check how long a gpu it can fit.

I would recommend www.tigerdirect.com as they are very well organized and you can filter items based on compatibility. for example if you go to CPU, on the left you can select LGA 1156 and it will only show you processors that fit that socket.

if you are replacing the CPU and power supply, you might look at their Motherboard/CPU section, that way you can be sure to get a matching set of CPU and motherboard.

toss a few fans in there too, factory builds seldom give you any fans, sometimes if you are lucky they give you one. the more the better. place a few at the front bottom

The advice on the size of the graphics card is an excellent point. if you are concerned it may not fit then look at low profile graphics cards.

sucking in and a few on the back of the case blowing out.

Don

I would recommend consulting the manufacturer's website or contacting their customer support to determine the compatibility of your computer with specific upgrades. It is important to ensure that any changes made to your computer are compatible in order to avoid any potential damage or malfunctions. Additionally, researching and comparing different hardware options can also help determine the best upgrades for your specific computer model.

1. What is the compatibility of my computer with different operating systems?

The compatibility of a computer with different operating systems depends on the hardware components and drivers installed on the computer. Some operating systems may require specific hardware components or drivers to function properly, while others may be compatible with a wider range of hardware. It is important to check the system requirements of the operating system you want to install before attempting to do so.

2. Can I upgrade the components of my computer?

It is possible to upgrade certain components of a computer, such as RAM, hard drive, and graphics card. However, the compatibility of these components with your computer will depend on the motherboard and other hardware in your computer. It is important to research and consult with a professional before attempting to upgrade any components.

3. What software is compatible with my computer?

The compatibility of software with your computer will depend on the operating system and hardware components. Most software will list their system requirements, including the minimum hardware and operating system needed to run the program. It is important to check the system requirements before purchasing or downloading any software.

4. Can I use different brands of hardware on my computer?

In most cases, it is possible to use different brands of hardware on a computer. However, it is important to ensure that the hardware is compatible with your computer's motherboard and other components. For example, a graphics card may need to be compatible with the motherboard's slot and have the necessary power connectors.

5. How do I check the compatibility of my computer with a specific hardware or software?

To check the compatibility of your computer with a specific hardware or software, you can refer to the system requirements listed by the manufacturer. You can also use online tools or consult with a professional for more detailed information. It is important to check compatibility before purchasing or installing any hardware or software to avoid potential issues.