1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about spinors and gamma-matrices

1. Jan 24, 2010 #1
    I'm working on a realisation of an exceptional group. I'm having some troubles with spinors. Here goes:

Given a Weyl-spinor of so(6,6) (let's say the chiral one). Under the decomposition of so(6,6) into so(5,5) + u(1), what does the spinor split into? Two different Weyl-spinors (of so(5,5)) of the same chirality or two spinors of opposite chirality?

I tried to use LiE to compute the branching rule for the spinor of so(6,6) to so(5,5) + u(1) but it did not work since so(5,5) + u(1) is not a maximal subalgebra of so(6,6). Maybe someone knows how to compute branchings into other than maximal subalgebras in LiE?

Does anyone have a good reference on gamma-/sigma-matrices? I would like a general treatment for arbitrary signature and dimension.

Thanks in advance,
    //ulrik

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?