I'm a sort of a newbie student studying solar cell for 2 months and having my test next week, so i've in need of help here!
1) Identify the majority and minority carriers in p-type silicon with n-type silicon solar cell?
2) Explain the term diffusion and drift current?
3) List and explain two reasons why photovoltaic cell has low efficiency?
4) A ____??____ PV array is connected to a ____??______ battery bank through a charge controller. The PV array uses 24V DC 10A PV modules and the battery bank uses ________ batteries respectively. Draw the electrical diagram of the PV array, charge controller and battery bank.
2. The attempt at a solution
1) p-type --> majority: holes minority: electrons
n-type --> majority: electrons minority: holes
2) Searched online yet find to find an answer that suit the context of solar cell. Or just i don't understand it
3) Is it shunt and series resistance causing the solar cell to have low efficiency?
If it is, "series resistance represents the ohmic losses in the front surface of the cell and shunt resistance represents the power loss due to diode leakage currents".
4) I know this might be hard but the above was clue given by my teacher on the question coming out, but i don't really know what should the variable be in order to tackle the question!!