Finding Range of Temperature (T) as t Approaches Infinity

• Thread starter glid02
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Limit
In summary, finding the range of temperature as time approaches infinity involves determining the potential maximum and minimum values of a system's temperature as time passes without limit. This is important for understanding the long-term behavior and stability of the system and can be used to make predictions and guide decision-making in various fields. The range of temperature can be influenced by factors such as initial conditions, properties and interactions of components, and external factors. It is calculated by analyzing equations and properties, applying mathematical concepts, and using simulations or experimental data. The range can also change over time as the system's conditions and properties change, particularly for systems with external influences or complex behavior.
glid02
I already found this equation:
T= 15/1.36(.6*sin(t)-cos(t))+100-23.971/e^(.6t)

Now I'm supposed to find the range of temperatures (T) as t approaches infinity.

I tried 100+(15/1.36*.6*sin(90))
and 100-(15/1.36*cos(0))

but that's not right. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
If I got it right your equation looks like this:
[tex]\frac{15}{1.36}[0.6sin(t)-cos(t)]+100-\frac{23.971}{e^{0.6t}}[/tex]

Since [tex]\frac{23.971}{e^{0.6t}}[/tex] goes to [tex]0[/tex] when t goes to [tex]\infty[/tex] you should calculate the maximum and the minimum of the expression [tex]\frac{15}{1.36}[0.6sin(t)-cos(t)]+100[/tex] and this will be your range of temperatures.

1. What does it mean to find the range of temperature as time approaches infinity?

Finding the range of temperature as time approaches infinity refers to determining the potential maximum and minimum values that the temperature of a system could reach as time passes without limit. This can be important in understanding the long-term behavior and stability of a system.

2. Why is it important to find the range of temperature as time approaches infinity?

Knowing the range of temperature as time approaches infinity can provide valuable insights into the behavior and stability of a system. It can also be used to make predictions and guide decision-making in various fields, such as in climate science, engineering, and physics.

3. What factors influence the range of temperature as time approaches infinity?

The range of temperature as time approaches infinity can be influenced by various factors, such as the initial conditions of the system, the properties and interactions of its components, and external factors like energy input or loss.

4. How is the range of temperature as time approaches infinity calculated?

The calculation of the range of temperature as time approaches infinity involves analyzing the system's equations and properties, and applying mathematical concepts such as limits and asymptotes. It may also involve using computer simulations or experimental data.

5. Can the range of temperature as time approaches infinity change over time?

Yes, the range of temperature as time approaches infinity can change over time as the system's conditions and properties change. This is especially true for systems that are subject to external influences or have complex and nonlinear behavior.