Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ram1024's complaint

1. Apr 29, 2004 #1
    Good work locking another thread when you don't want to hear any arguments that might offend your delicate sensibilities.

i thought about it. it shed no new light on the current topic at hand, what did you want me to do. tell him "thanks but that's worthless"

BS he doesn't say that anywhere. .999 = f(n) = 0 for n >= 0 and
    f(n) = 9 for n < 0. 1 = f(n) = 0 for n > 1 and f(1) = 1 and f(n) = 0 for n < 1.

those functions are NOT the same. so if he SOMEHOW came to that conclusion that they ARE from THAT then he is blind

no he locked my thread because he needs some time to grow up, as do you.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 29, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good bye, ram1024. You're now only welcome to post to the theory development subforum here, which is where your ideas belong. Vehemently believing in something doesn't make it true.

- Warren

4. Apr 29, 2004 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Calling Hurkyl a "stooge" repeatedly doesn't constitute argumentation.

Think about it some more.

Oh, for Pete's sake, he said it in the very post you linked to.

That makes it clear: You can't read.

There's no "somehow". He stated perfectly clearly that it is a matter of how equality is defined for real numbers.

:rolleyes:

Look, I don't have time for your little temper tantrums. When I locked your last thread, it was not a cue for you to start another one just like it. If you have something to say to me personally, use the Private Messaging system.

Any future threads you start for the sole purpose of ranting at the staff will not be locked, but deleted.

Stop it now.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?