Random Thoughts 7
- Thread starter Evo
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2,059 replies · 118K views
Physics news on Phys.org
skyshrimp
- 39
- 122
I'm thinking about what sauce goes with fried chicken wings. I think tomorrow I'm going to buy mango puree and mix it with hot sauce.
Mayhem
- 445
- 330
Phil Collins on "I can't Dance" sounds more like Bon Scott era AC/DC than Bon Scott era AC/DC does.
pinball1970
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 3,889
- 6,219
"In the air tonight" outro he is rocking it also.Mayhem said:Phil Collins on "I can't Dance" sounds more like Bon Scott era AC/DC than Bon Scott era AC/DC does.
pinball1970
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 3,889
- 6,219
The guys at XENONnT in Italy look fully motivated, up to the challenge in the search for Dark matter
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,909
- 13,227
"Vamo mangiare pizza obscura" ( Any Italian speaker to correct my Grammar?).pinball1970 said:The guys at XENONnT in Italy look fully motivated, up to the challenge in the search for Dark matter
View attachment 353451
Klystron
Gold Member
- 1,264
- 1,980
Perhaps you forgot about the conversion to metric system with SI units. Now you only need to walk a kilometer in his boots lest you learn too much about your friend.WWGD said:I borrowed my friend's boots, walked around a mile in them. I still don't understand him any better than before.
Unless they are seven league boots or bottes de sept lieues in French.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,410
- 5,274
My wife and I are planning trip to Paris and yesterday morning, I found this drawing on my banana set out for work.
After I ate it, I cut out the drawing and carefully set it out to dry on my desk at work. This morning, it was missing. The best that I can figure is that the cleaning crew came through to dust and decided to throw it away. I know that it probably wouldn't have survived well but it meant a lot to me. Not a good way to start my morning.
After I ate it, I cut out the drawing and carefully set it out to dry on my desk at work. This morning, it was missing. The best that I can figure is that the cleaning crew came through to dust and decided to throw it away. I know that it probably wouldn't have survived well but it meant a lot to me. Not a good way to start my morning.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,858
- 12,735
Borg said:My wife and I are planning trip to Paris and yesterday morning, I found this drawing on my banana set out for work.
View attachment 353539
After I ate it, I cut out the drawing and carefully set it out to dry on my desk at work. This morning, it was missing. The best that I can figure is that the cleaning crew came through to dust and decided to throw it away. I know that it probably wouldn't have survived well but it meant a lot to me. Not a good way to start my morning.![]()
Well you got the picture. The banana skin would probably have turned black.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,909
- 13,227
Heard this story 2nd hand about this guy in the US in the 1960s who tried to avoid the draft for health reasons, so he put Apple Cider vinegar in a glass of water and drank it daily. The plan backfired, and he looked extremely healthy , almost glowing, and the medical interview didn't dismiss him.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,909
- 13,227
Maybe he can enter through the blackhole found by the JWST and go from one date to another.BillTre said:
Mayhem
- 445
- 330
Every time I speak to my advisor, the scope of my project expands by 5%.
Mayhem
- 445
- 330
Quark Quant?WWGD said:Why not name a Quark "Kent"?
skyshrimp
- 39
- 122
It's very cold in London. We had snow today.
I've gone off red meat. I like crispy chicken. Not really a fan of fish.
I've gone off red meat. I like crispy chicken. Not really a fan of fish.
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,069
Pizza is basically a real-time pie chart of how much pizza is left.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,661
- 4,509
Less time.WWGD said:I've been flooded with voice messages of length less than 5 seconds. Really, you can't just write the 5 words you left on the voice message?
Less thought.WWGD said:Ok, weird day. Microsoft Access ##\neq ## Microsoft Taxes. Put vinegar in the pan, confused it with the oil.
Less time + Less thought = Less involvement (contagious, perhaps?)
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,909
- 13,227
Yes, you're likely right. When one is tired or otherwise short on mental resources, the mind takes shortcuts by cutting down on the use of resources, such as the ability to focus, which is limites.Tom.G said:Less time.
Less thought.
Less time + Less thought = Less involvement (contagious, perhaps?)
Re 'Microsoft Access' sounding like ' Microsoft Taxes', maybe more of an issue of parsing in the English language.
skyshrimp
- 39
- 122
Our bengal jumps up at the living room door handle and opens it. She is not allowed to do this as she might escape somewhere. The door has a lock, so we keep it locked at night. You can't take the key out of the door when locked.
The other day, I saw her jump up and push down the door handle, twisting the key with her other paw. She did this action in seconds and opened the door. I shut the door and locked it again and she jumped up and repeated it with the same precision.
The other day, I saw her jump up and push down the door handle, twisting the key with her other paw. She did this action in seconds and opened the door. I shut the door and locked it again and she jumped up and repeated it with the same precision.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Evo
- · Replies 11K ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 11K
- skyshrimp
- · Replies 5 ·
- Other Physics Topics
- Replies
- 5
High School
Random thoughts on Fibonnacci sequence
- parshyaa
- · Replies 4 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 4
- Raghav Gupta
- · Replies 8 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 8
- ThomasT
- · Replies 25 ·
- Electromagnetism
- Replies
- 25
- Cait
- · Replies 1 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 1
- Fra
- · Replies 3 ·
- Quantum Interpretations and Foundations
- Replies
- 3
- kyphysics
- · Replies 52 ·
- Biology and Medical
- Replies
- 52
- EternalStudent
- · Replies 1 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 1
Undergrad
Random thought about force and motion
- tadpole
- · Replies 7 ·
- Mechanics
- Replies
- 7