Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Re: Ungar-Weller 4024 Temperature Control?

1. Aug 8, 2006 #1
    Hello all,

Please forgive me if this is the incorrect place to ask this question, yet I happen to own an Ungar 4024 solder/desolder station that I would like to use for PCB work. While the system uses an analog (slide) control for temperature variation, the numbers listed on the slide are 1-4 and do not list respective temperatures. Does anyone happen to know where I can get data on what temperatures correspond to the 1-4 (such as an Ungar 4024 manual) before I try to find out via trial and error?

Thank you! I appreciate the time and help.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2006 #2

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF, Santeh. I did a little google search, and I think this may help. It's a post in a different web forum where a person was trying to locate a manual for the Ungar 4024, and the reply lists several web pages. I didn't follow the links, but hopefully one will give you what you need.

4. Aug 8, 2006 #3

Thank you for the reply! However I must be having an off day as I do not see any posts/link to the original message you noted, nor did I see anything come up by searching that site's forum. May I ask where you saw the links?

P.S.- Thanks for the welcome!
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  5. Aug 8, 2006 #4
    I think what berkeman saw was the bot that posted the google advertisement links instead of actual human posts :biggrin:

I couldnt find one to download, but I did find one you can buy: UNGAR Models: 2024 / 4024 Desoldering Center. (Photocopy) - $10.00

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  6. Aug 8, 2006 #5

No worries! I know the feeling! :smile:
  7. Aug 8, 2006 #6

Staff: Mentor

Hmmm. Good point. I see now that the "reply" was by a google advertising robot:
    Sorry about the false lead. Thanks triden for finding a source.
  8. Aug 9, 2006 #7

Thanks all! I greatly appreciate all of your time and help with my search!!!

Sam Jacobson

P.S.- Please do not worry at all Berkeman! :-)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?