1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Re: Ungar-Weller 4024 Temperature Control?

1. Aug 8, 2006 #1
    Hello all,

Please forgive me if this is the incorrect place to ask this question, yet I happen to own an Ungar 4024 solder/desolder station that I would like to use for PCB work. While the system uses an analog (slide) control for temperature variation, the numbers listed on the slide are 1-4 and do not list respective temperatures. Does anyone happen to know where I can get data on what temperatures correspond to the 1-4 (such as an Ungar 4024 manual) before I try to find out via trial and error?

Thank you! I appreciate the time and help.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF, Santeh. I did a little google search, and I think this may help. It's a post in a different web forum where a person was trying to locate a manual for the Ungar 4024, and the reply lists several web pages. I didn't follow the links, but hopefully one will give you what you need.

http://www.electronicspoint.com/showthread.php?t=17615

4. Aug 8, 2006 #3
    Hello!

Thank you for the reply! However I must be having an off day as I do not see any posts/link to the original message you noted, nor did I see anything come up by searching that site's forum. May I ask where you saw the links?

Thanks!

P.S.- Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  5. Aug 8, 2006 #4
    I think what berkeman saw was the bot that posted the google advertisement links instead of actual human posts :biggrin:

I couldnt find one to download, but I did find one you can buy: UNGAR Models: 2024 / 4024 Desoldering Center. (Photocopy) - $10.00

http://www.smcelectronics.com/owner.htm

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  6. Aug 8, 2006 #5

No worries! I know the feeling! :smile:

7. Aug 8, 2006 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Hmmm. Good point. I see now that the "reply" was by a google advertising robot:
    Sorry about the false lead. Thanks triden for finding a source.

8. Aug 9, 2006 #7
    Hello!

Thanks all! I greatly appreciate all of your time and help with my search!!!

Respectfully,

Sam Jacobson

P.S.- Please do not worry at all Berkeman! :-)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?