Readable images of text and diagrams within a post

• Thread starter Math Amateur
  • Start date
In summary: Now that I think of it, I seem to remember that ordinary users can't delete the first or only post in a thread. So I deleted the thread for you.Thanks ... But for some reason the only buttons available to me a clicking edit are Save, GO Advanced and Cancel
Math Amateur
Gold Member
MHB
I would like to post some images of parts of a textbook page (showing some text and diagrams) in the middle of my post in topology (Topology and Analysis forum)

Is there anyway of displaying an (readable) image of text and diagrams within the text of a post to the Topology and Analysis forum or other forums

Peter

Physics news on Phys.org
First, use the "New Reply" button at the bottom of a post, or the "New Thread" button at the top or bottom of the list of threads, so you see all the options when you're writing the post.

Scroll down to the "Manage Attachments" button, and use it to attach the image file. Beware of the size limits that are shown in the popup window that you get.

This gives you a small preview image at the bottom of your post. The reader has to click on it to expand it. If you also want to display the image at normal size in the body of your post, mouse over the link to the image in the message-editing window, use right-click (Windows) or control-click (Mac) to copy the address/location of the image, and paste it between [noparse][/noparse] tags in your post.

If you do this, don't make the image so wide that it causes the page to expand horizontally. People tend to be annoyed if they have to scroll the browser window back and forth to see the whole thing.

Likes 1 person
Thanks.

After one unsuccessful test (which I wish I could delete!) I have now followed your advice and, yes, definitely works ... thanks

Peter

If you can still see the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post, click that. It has "Delete" as one of its options.

Likes 1 person
Yes, can see the edit button - clicked on Edit - but no delete option appeared ... at least I cannot see/find it

Peter

Math Amateur said:
Yes, can see the edit button - clicked on Edit - but no delete option appeared ... at least I cannot see/find it

Peter

It's there... Look a little bit further down.

Or just click Report and ask a Mentor to delete it...

Likes 1 person
Math Amateur said:

Nugatory said:
It's there... Look a little bit further down.

Here's what I get when I click "Edit" on my post above:

attachment.php?attachmentid=67837&stc=1&d=1395301422.jpg

Attachments

• edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Likes 1 person
Thanks ... But for some reason the only buttons available to me a clicking edit are Save, GO Advanced and Cancel

Peter

Now that I think of it, I seem to remember that ordinary users can't delete the first or only post in a thread. So I deleted the thread for you.

Yes, but I think the lack of delete May be specific to the Analysis and Topology forum - as is the lack of sigma (for the Latex wrap - sigma is missing from the task bar

Peter

1. What is the purpose of including readable images of text and diagrams within a post?

The purpose of including readable images of text and diagrams within a post is to enhance the overall readability and understanding of the content for the audience. It can also provide visual aids to support the information being presented.

2. How do readable images of text and diagrams improve the user experience?

Readable images of text and diagrams can improve the user experience by breaking up large chunks of text and making the content more visually appealing. They can also help to clarify complex concepts and make the information easier to understand.

3. What are some best practices for including readable images of text and diagrams within a post?

Some best practices for including readable images of text and diagrams within a post include ensuring that the images are high quality, relevant to the content, and properly labeled and captioned for accessibility. It is also important to consider the placement of the images and how they flow with the rest of the content.

4. How can I make sure the images of text and diagrams are accessible to all users?

To make sure the images of text and diagrams are accessible to all users, it is important to provide alternative text descriptions for screen readers and to use appropriate image formats that can be easily resized without losing clarity. It is also helpful to provide a text-based version of the information for users who may have difficulty viewing images.

5. Are there any limitations or drawbacks to including readable images of text and diagrams within a post?

One limitation of including readable images of text and diagrams within a post is that they may increase the file size, which can affect the loading speed of the page. Additionally, if the images are not properly optimized, they may not display correctly on all devices or browsers. It is also important to ensure that the images do not dominate the content and distract from the main message.