Realplayer Alternative for Mac?

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mac
In summary, Realplayer Alternative for Mac is a free and open-source software program that allows Mac users to play media files in formats typically associated with Realplayer. It works by utilizing a different media player compatible with Mac operating systems and can play various file types, including RealMedia, QuickTime, MPEG-4, and Flash videos. It is safe to use, but it is recommended to download from a trusted source.
Saladsamurai
Does anyone know if a .rm supporting application without the adware exists for Mac's so I can watch the MIT open courseware vids?

Computer science news on Phys.org
not sure if this program is supported by mac, but i use RealAlternative

AFG34 said:
not sure if this program is supported by mac, but i use RealAlternative

I don't think it is. Thanks though!

I use VLC for everything, works great.

Just google something like ".rm players" or similar.

Latest Real player for OSX seems to be with little to no bloat ware.

Related to Realplayer Alternative for Mac?

What is Realplayer Alternative for Mac?

Realplayer Alternative for Mac is a software program that allows Mac users to play media files in formats that are typically associated with Realplayer. It is an alternative to using the official Realplayer software, which is not available for Mac computers.

How does Realplayer Alternative for Mac work?

Realplayer Alternative for Mac works by utilizing a different media player that is compatible with Mac operating systems. Instead of using the official Realplayer software, which is not compatible with Mac, this alternative program allows Mac users to play media files in Realplayer formats.

Is Realplayer Alternative for Mac free to use?

Yes, Realplayer Alternative for Mac is free to use. It is an open-source program, meaning that it is available for anyone to use and modify without any cost. It can be downloaded from various online sources and does not require any payment for its use.

What types of media files can Realplayer Alternative for Mac play?

Realplayer Alternative for Mac is capable of playing various media file formats, such as RealMedia (.rm, .rmvb), RealAudio (.ra, .rmj), RealText (.rt), and RealPix (.rp). It also supports playback of QuickTime, MPEG-4, and Flash videos, making it a versatile media player for Mac users.

Is Realplayer Alternative for Mac safe to use?

Yes, Realplayer Alternative for Mac is safe to use. It does not contain any malicious software or viruses. However, as with any software program, it is always recommended to download it from a trusted source to ensure safety and avoid any potential risks.