1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry Recommendation for Chemistry textbooks

1. Jan 3, 2015 #1
    I want a good book on Physical Chemistry at 11-12(university or pre-un) grade level. It should include topics about bonding(VSEPR, VBT, MO) etc.

I also need suggestions about some books on organic and inorganic chemistry.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2015 #2
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  4. Jan 3, 2015 #3
    Thanks. Is JD Lee for inorganic or physical? Because bonding is under physical I think.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  5. Jan 5, 2015 #4
    Chemical Bonding comes under Physical Chemistry in the syllabus of most engineering enterance exams . But its the core foundation of inorganic chemistry . JDLee is for inorganic . Are you preparing for the JEE ?

6. Jan 5, 2015 #5
    I understand the idea of the first 8 chapters of Lee (except chapter 7), but what is going on with the rest of the chapters? Is it a laundry list of facts you have to memorize for elements of the periodic table? What is the point? Is it for industry or something like that? I mean QM is about building a theoretical framework then solving problems and working out the consequences of those solutions and stuff, what's going on here?

7. Jan 6, 2015 #6
    Not exactly. I want to give it but this is not for preparation. This is because I wish to understand physical chemistry well.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted