1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Require help for the solution of second order differential equation.

1. Sep 2, 2009 #1
    Dear Friends i am lookin g for the solution for second order differential equation. will any one please help me to solve this problem.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2009 #2
    From where did that equation came from! its like a monster ;) no if i find an operative way of solving it i tell you

4. Sep 6, 2009 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Just to be sure:

[tex]\frac{\frac{d^2y}{dx^2}}{[\,( 1\,+\,(\frac{dy}{dx})^2 )^{3/2}\,]} + \frac{\frac{dy}{dx}}{[\,x\,( 1\,+\,(\frac{dy}{dx})^2 )^{1/2}\,] }\;{-\,y} = 0 [/tex]

where

[tex] \frac{dy}{dx} = tan \theta\;at\;x = x_o [/tex]

and

[tex] \frac{dy}{dx} \rightarrow 0\; and\;y = 0\;as\;x \rightarrow \infty [/tex]

5. Sep 7, 2009 #4
    Thank you Zaphys atleast you given reply to me. it is really difficult to solve this i am not getting solution of it.
    rest is fine take care

6. Sep 7, 2009 #5
    You're welcome :)

7. Sep 9, 2009 #6
    dear friend
    i tried to solve it after some assumptions
    but my solution is still not satisfying first boundary condition will you please go through it.

rest is fine
    take care
    sagar

Attached Files:

8. Sep 9, 2009 #7
    I´m not much versed in numeric methos so here I can't help you. Sorry ;)

Salutations Sagar

9. Sep 9, 2009 #8
    no problem Zaphys
    take care
    sagar

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook