Is the Right Finally Speaking Up? A Shift in Online Political Commentary?

• News
  • Thread starter GENIERE
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Writing
In summary, there has been an increase in politically right-leaning opinions on this forum, which may be due to the fact that it is predominantly left-leaning due to the college crowd and non-academic members being a minority. With the absence of a former mentor, people now feel free to express their opinions without fear of judgment. This has also led to a decrease in extreme left views and more healthy debates on the forum.
GENIERE
Out of nowhere, many more politically right-leaning posters now seem to be providing their opinions. Or have I been blind in the past?

Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't noticed any particular trend over the few months I have been here.

If we are going to be honest, we will admit that the college crowd, at least in the U.S., tends to be left-of-center relative to the broader cross section of the country. And I think it can be said that those of us who, like myself, are non-academics, are a minority here. So it follows that this site is on average left-leaning.

Janitor: So it follows that this site is on average left-leaning.

I've found it in the past to be left of left. Because of this forum, I've found it difficult to pay my dues, so to speak, as I've done before.

I rarely post in this forum, but I know precisely
what happened - Zero's not the mentor here anymore.
And that means people with ALL legitimate opinions
can now freely express themselves. :wink:

drag said:
I rarely post in this forum, but I know precisely
what happened - Zero's not the mentor here anymore.
And that means people with ALL legitimate opinions
can now freely express themselves. :wink:

I like Zero and all,but that is a large reason why I started involving myself in here again.
There's alsot he lack of the FARRRRR left people that typically just started spouting conspiracy or emotional rants, and I find it enjoyable to actually be having a debate with someone, even when I fully disagree with them.

1. What is "Righties Writing?"

"Righties Writing" refers to the writing style and preferences of individuals who are right-handed. This term is often used in the context of studying the relationship between handedness and writing habits.

2. Is there a difference in writing styles between right-handed and left-handed individuals?

Yes, research has shown that handedness can influence writing habits and styles. Right-handed individuals tend to have a more fluid and legible writing style compared to left-handed individuals due to differences in brain development and motor skills.

3. How does handedness affect handwriting?

Handedness can affect handwriting in various ways, such as the direction and slant of the writing, the pressure applied to the pen or pencil, and the spacing and organization of the writing on the page. These differences can be attributed to the hand dominance and motor skills of the writer.

4. Are there any advantages to being right-handed in terms of writing?

Some studies suggest that right-handed individuals may have an advantage in certain writing tasks, such as speed and legibility. This is likely due to the fact that the majority of writing tools and techniques are designed for right-handed individuals.

5. Can left-handed individuals learn to write like right-handed individuals?

It is possible for left-handed individuals to learn to write like right-handed individuals, but it may take more effort and practice. Some left-handed individuals may choose to adapt their writing style to be more similar to right-handed individuals, while others may embrace their natural left-handed writing style.