Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rigid block between two cyllinders Ansys apdl

Tags:
  1. Apr 26, 2016 #1
    i want to analyse a two cylinders of different materials between which a rigid block of certain width exists. I am using CE command to connect the nodes of both the cylinders and the constant in Ce equation denotes the width of the the rigid block. When i solve the above problem , stress continuity is not maintained in both cylinders.that is, the stress at the outer radius of the inner cylinder is not equal to the stress at the inner radius of the outer cylinder.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2016 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you considered using a contact condition instead of directly connecting nodes? If it is a tangent condition it may be only a single node will be connected, which will result in a stress discontinuity due to the infinitesimal contact area.

4. May 5, 2016 #3
    I am using CE so that i can implement the following condition:
    UX1=n*UX2;
    analytically i only want displacement discontinuity but when Implement CE ,the stress also becomes double . I want to maintain stress continuity but want displacement discontinuity.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted