Solving RLC Circuit with 2 500pF Capacitors and 80mH Inductor

In summary, the conversation was about a problem with a series RLC circuit with 2 500pF capacitors, 1 80mh inductor, and 1 2.0K ohm resistor with a frequency of 55 KHZ. The person was trying to calculate the total impedance and was getting the wrong answer. After realizing a calculation error, they were able to solve the problem.
DethRose
Hey

ive got a problem with a series rlc circuit

it has 2 500pF capacitors and 1 80mh Inductor and one 2.0K ohm resistor circuit has a freqency of 55 KHZ

trying to calculate total impedance I am getting the wrong answer

im getting:

Xc= 1.93 kohms
Xl = 27.6 kohms

xl-xc = 25.7 kohms

so my final answer is Zt=(2.0+25.7j)

but the real answer is (2.0+16.07j)

please help haha

Engineering news on Phys.org
You need to tell us the circuit configuration, other wise how can we know what is in parallel and what is in series? Or even if the circuit can be reduced.
circuit has a frequency of 55 KHZ
That is the input frequency or the natural frequency.

Please elaborate on your question/problem.

nevermind figured it out...made a calculation error haha :biggrin:

Ok good luck, just take what I said for future posts then please it will make answer them easier.

1. How do I calculate the resonant frequency of this RLC circuit?

The resonant frequency of an RLC circuit can be calculated using the formula f0 = 1/(2π√(LC)), where L is the inductance in Henries and C is the capacitance in Farads.

2. What is the impedance of this RLC circuit at resonance?

At resonance, the impedance of an RLC circuit is purely resistive and can be calculated using the formula Z = R, where R is the resistance in Ohms.

3. How do I determine the quality factor (Q) of this RLC circuit?

The quality factor of an RLC circuit can be calculated using the formula Q = R√(C/L), where R is the resistance in Ohms, C is the capacitance in Farads, and L is the inductance in Henries.

4. What is the phase angle of the current in this RLC circuit?

The phase angle of the current in an RLC circuit can be calculated using the formula tan(φ) = (ωL - 1/ωC)/R, where ω is the angular frequency in radians per second, L is the inductance in Henries, C is the capacitance in Farads, and R is the resistance in Ohms.

5. How do I calculate the power dissipated in this RLC circuit?

The power dissipated in an RLC circuit can be calculated using the formula P = IR²R, where IR is the current flowing through the resistor in Amperes and R is the resistance in Ohms.