Flame War: Show Danger What It's All About!

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary: You're letting those government school indoctrination camps tell you how to think.Never let logic get in the way of a good argument. Note the use of an image rather than words. It avoids the need to use language, something that challenges the average flame-warrior.lol, n00bs!A recent study shows that due to Canada's cold temperatures, guys in Canada often huddle closely together naked. Could Canada be more gay? Probably not, just look at their laws. Also what is up with the prime minister of Canada? Damn corrupt Canadian politicians. Good to see that Canadians know how to vote. How about that war of 1812 Canadians say. Yeah the war
Huckleberry said:
"You talkin' ta me?"
"Go ahead punk. Make my day."
"The ratio of people to cake... is too big."

This thread aint big enough for the two of us, let's head to the thread mentioned!

Physics news on Phys.org
MoonBear said:
loseyourname broke a very important flame war rule. His post was dripping with intellectual sarcasm. It has no impact because it just goes completely over the heads of your average flame warrior. So, I've countered this with the only possible response, calling someone a moron while stating something utterly incorrect.
I don't get this. Just because most flame war participants tend to be intellectually challenged doesn't mean someone who is intelligent and witty can't participate. It's just a quantity vs quality thing.

loseyourname said:
You pansies flame about as well as Sonny Bono skis. In a flame battle with Helen Keller, you'd defy causality as we know it and find a way to lose in negative three seconds. Your niche as a flamer might be better filled if you tuck your piece into a thong and miniskirt, put on some lipstick, and work the corners of Santa Monica Blvd. I'm sure your mothers would be proud to see you joining the family business.
You have no concept their migth be a woerld outside of califronai? wth is Sony Bono?

Go back to the beach, pretyt boy, or we'll put a damn at the Col-Utah border of the colorado. bwha ha !

(flamers can type in the dark, seeing as how they produce their own flames)

Huckleberry said:
We all love you SOS :approve: :!) :approve:

Oh wait, this is a flame thread. Hmm... ah hell, what do I care. :wink:
Did you just flame me? Feels kind of like when my butt was getting pinched at the Tiki bar! :confused:

BobG said:
You have no concept their migth be a woerld outside of califronai?

THERE IS NO WORLD OUTSIDE OF CALIFORNIA >:( YOU HEAR ME! NONE!

*runs off screaming about communism and democrats and europe*

SOS2008 said:
Did you just flame me? Feels kind of like when my butt was getting pinched at the Tiki bar! :confused:

Oh no! they're on to me.

Huckleberry said:
Oh no! they're on to me.

What did you do, use a flame thrower? Look at how she's all lit up in her avatar! :eek:

Moonbear said:
What did you do, use a flame thrower? Look at how she's all lit up in her avatar! :eek:

Yeah, it looks a little like Tinkerbell on a frying pan.

SOS2008 said:
Did you just flame me? Feels kind of like when my butt was getting pinched at the Tiki bar!

Sometimes I just make the assumption that people know what I'm thinking. Its easier that way.

Huckleberry said:
Yeah, it looks a little like Tinkerbell on a frying pan.
Actually that's me with my hair on fire. :-p So far I've liked my cowboy cat the best, but it is fun to change the avatar and signatures every now and then...but maybe like Evo, some of us other members should take a vote---I dunno.
Huckleberry said:
Sometimes I just make the assumption that people know what I'm thinking. Its easier that way.
:smile: Well you can be my Huckleberry anytime. :biggrin:

Dang, I can't think of anyone to flame right now.

SOS2008 said:
Actually that's me with my hair on fire. :-p
Show off.

SOS2008 said:
So far I've liked my cowboy cat the best, but it is fun to change the avatar and signatures every now and then...but maybe like Evo, some of us other members should take a vote---I dunno.:smile:
Was that like a "Cat in the Hat" concept avatar? I've only been around here for about 2 weeks and don't recall it. New avatars are good, but it does get confusing after a while. A picture is worth 1000 names.

SOS2008 said:
Well you can be my Huckleberry anytime. :biggrin:
Promises, promises. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

SOS2008 said:
When nobody in particular comes to my mind I just pick on Danger. I'm waiting for Artman to come back so I can see if he's worth the effort of making a good zinger, or at least attempting to.

SOS2008 said:
but maybe like Evo, some of us other members should take a vote
I vote for something naked, please. There, I've provided you a target. Don't say I never do anything for you. :rolleyes:

Danger said:
I vote for something naked, please. There, I've provided you a target. Don't say I never do anything for you. :rolleyes:

I can't argue with that. After spending 3 days checking out the member photo thread and having to come almost all the way to the end to see your picture, I think I deserve some kind of reward.

Its a twofer. Like ducks in a barrel.

Huckleberry said:
Was that like a "Cat in the Hat" concept avatar? I've only been around here for about 2 weeks and don't recall it. New avatars are good, but it does get confusing after a while. A picture is worth 1000 names..
I do not like green eggs and ham--I'll change it back to the southwestern version of the "Cat in the Hat" in a bit.
Huckleberry said:
When nobody in particular comes to my mind I just pick on Danger. I'm waiting for Artman to come back so I can see if he's worth the effort of making a good zinger, or at least attempting to.
Danger is a magnet to be sure. Artman, Smurf, Ivan, Franz, are all good for a volley too.
Danger said:
Here's a metaphor for you: Tit for Tat :-p

SOS2008 said:
Actually that's me with my hair on fire. :-p So far I've liked my cowboy cat the best, but it is fun to change the avatar and signatures every now and then...but maybe like Evo, some of us other members should take a vote---I dunno.
I thought the donkey was really cute. :approve:

Danger likes his face just like his chicken, skinless and hairy. Next time remember, dinner is over when the plate is clean.
SOS2008 said:
I do not like green eggs and ham
I do, and beer too, but only once a year.
SOS2008 said:
Danger is a magnet to be sure. Artman, Smurf, Ivan, Franz, are all good for a volley too.
I'm familiar with that troublemaker Smurf, and aquainted with Artman. I've read a little Ivan and Franz, but I'll keep an eyestalk out for them in the future.
Evo said:
I thought the donkey was really cute.
I so would have worded this differently!

SOS2008 said:
Artman, Smurf, Ivan, Franz, are all good for a volley too.
thank you *sniff* :cry: you don't know how much that means to me.

Evo said:
Thanks. :smile: Aside from looking like it's sniffing someone's butt, I thought it might not be appropriate outside GD. But your opinion, of course, is the supreme one. :biggrin:
Huckleberry said:
I so would have worded this differently!
Danger beat you to it. :rolleyes:
Smurf said:
thank you *sniff* :cry: you don't know how much that means to me.
Remember, this is coming from someone who thinks your remark about taking a dump in the street is funny.

SOS2008 said:
Thanks. :smile: Aside from looking like it's sniffing someone's butt, I thought it might not be appropriate outside GD. But your opinion, of course, is the supreme one. :biggrin:
:smile: Alright, I love weird things. :redface: I rated your donkey up there with Holly's fanged ferret avatar. (she hasn't been here for awhile)

Holly had a great idea once to let members pay for the privilege of changing another member's avatar. :-p (maybe for a day) I guess that would get brutal. :-p

Evo said:
:smile: Alright, I love weird things. :redface: I rated your donkey up there with Holly's fanged ferret avatar. (she hasn't been here for awhile)
Ooooh, fanged ferret, yes. I find your bug animation very fun and entertaining (once again remember who this opinion is coming from). I like all of Moonbear's and MIH's avatars too!
Evo said:
Holly had a great idea once to let members pay for the privilege of changing another member's avatar. :-p (maybe for a day) I guess that would get brutal. :-p
I think I would like Holly. :biggrin:

SOS2008 said:
Danger is a magnet to be sure.
If you're wearing an underwire bra, this is a good thing. :-p

SOS2008 said:
Here's a metaphor for you: Tit for Tat :-p
Sure, I'm willing to change my name to 'Tat' for an offer of that nature. :-p :-p

Evo said:
I do so want to insert some sort of joke about Mexican stage shows, but I can't think of any way to make it PG-13.

Evo said:
:smile: Alright, I love weird things.
Do tell? Perhaps this could be to my advantage...

Evo said:
:redface: I rated your donkey up there with Holly's fanged ferret avatar.
Nope... still can't think of anything...

Evo said:
Should I start scanning my Fangoria magazines into Photoshop? :devil:

SOS2008 said:
Ooooh, fanged ferret, yes. I find your bug animation very fun and entertaining (once again remember who this opinion is coming from). I like all of Moonbear's and MIH's avatars too!
I think I would like Holly. :biggrin:
Has anyone noticed that the best avatars belong to the women?

Our avatars reflect our moods, they go with storylines. We have all been skunks, then we were all nuns, what are some of the other pf sisterhood themes have we had? Ah yes, Halloween and Christmas. What is so cool is that the changes weren't discussed before hand. :approve:

Ok, so you've all got hyped up conformity sensors. You must be proud. If I could have an avatar I'd have the best one.

Smurf said:
Ok, so you've all got hyped up conformity sensors. You must be proud. If I could have an avatar I'd have the best one.
So, if somone were to become your benefactor and give you a membership, what would your avatar be?

LOL! I'm sitting here laughing at the progress of this thread today. It seems we can even send a flame war thread off-topic in GD! :smile:

Moonbear said:
LOL! I'm sitting here laughing at the progress of this thread today. It seems we can even send a flame war thread off-topic in GD! :smile:
You're surprised?

evo said:
So, if somone were to become your benefactor and give you a membership, what would your avatar be?
Is that an offer? I shall not reveal my secret weapons just yet.

Smurf said:
Is that an offer? I shall not reveal my secret weapons just yet.
I sponsored jimmy p last year, but since he is too busy now, I'm looking for someone worthy to sponsor. :approve:

Evo said:
I sponsored jimmy p last year, but since he is too busy now, I'm looking for someone worthy to sponsor. :approve:
Oh sure... now you mention it, after I sacrificed Lucy's college fund to buy my membership... :cry:

Evo said:
Did I mention I spend more time in your forums than in any others. and I rarely post in the others too, you're the only one I deem worthy. God bless you Evo. :!)

Smurf said:
Did I mention I spend more time in your forums than in any others. and I rarely post in the others too, you're the only one I deem worthy. God bless you Evo. :!)
Wow, with this honest, straight from the heart plea. Looks like Smurf may be top contender for the annual Evo member award. :approve:

(didn't he call me a ho in the limmerick thread?) :biggrin:

Last edited:
Smurf said:
But you've been here since Sept04 Smurf, and have only 746 posts to your (dis)credit! :rolleyes: :wink:

Evo said:
the annual Evo member award. :approve:
I like the sound of that, but it's probably more innocent than it appears. :rolleyes:

Nereid said:
But you've been here since Sept04 Smurf, and have only 746 posts to your (dis)credit! :rolleyes: :wink:
Those who talk, can't listen.

Also, that's 746 outside of GD, I have at least as many in GD that arn't counted.

Smurf said:
Those who talk, can't listen.

Also, that's 746 outside of GD, I have at least as many in GD that arn't counted.

You have a lot more than that in GD. Maybe not as many as me, but a lot more than that. I have thousands in GD without any doubt. Maybe billions! (maybe this will get evo to actually tell me).

franznietzsche said:
You have a lot more than that in GD. Maybe not as many as me, but a lot more than that. I have thousands in GD without any doubt. Maybe billions! (maybe this will get evo to actually tell me).
Your total post count under this IP address is 3,452 posts.

Smurf's total posts are 1,778

Last edited:
LOL! You young'uns have a lot of catching up to do. As of April 13, I had 6,446 posts (that was ~5000 in GD). Of course, over 1000 of those are in the thread-killer thread alone. :biggrin: