Welcome Freija: New Puppy Arrives!

• Thread starter Kurdt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary: Welcome to PF! :smile:You need some sort of shrimp canon.Now, with a canon, it will just knock them unconscious, then we can just run like hell.It takes a lot of planning and forethought to fish whack...
My room is messy. I was having a new radiator fitted at the time so everything wasn't where it should be.

Physics news on Phys.org
Freija says "This is how all the cool dogs carry their hoops".

I know of a few pups that will sleep well tonight. And the mud, how fun!

They see each other every day which is sweet. If only that was enough for such a high energy dog.

Kurdt said:
Another vid taken today.
That's a great vid.

So, Kurdt, how you're not running with the dogs? :biggrin:

That looks like a great field for Frisbee.

They exercise themselves Astro. :wink:

Wow! She's gotten so big since I last saw photos of her! She's turned into a beautiful lady. :approve:

Thanks Moonbear. Although I don't know many ladies that like plodging in mud. :tongue:

Kurdt said:
Thanks Moonbear. Although I don't know many ladies that like plodging in mud. :tongue:

Hmmph! Most just aren't willing to admit to enjoying it. :biggrin:

Haha, she's a big pup now. She has a heck of a tongue (in the video).

Harry looks like he needs the workouts, too. He appears to have a lot of Greyhound in him, and it's hard for any human to give such dogs an adequate workout - they really want high-speed chase/keep-away. There is a lady near here who has adopted a couple of retired track-dogs, and she walks them along the road-side in her own sedentary way. It's nice that she's given them a home, but I'd love to see them get workouts/play with Freija and Harry.

Harry is a greyhound. He was a stray that used to live on the field that they were playing on in the video for a few months until a kind resident managed to coax him into her house and he's now been adopted by her. He has improved lots because previously he'd stay away from all people and dogs and now he's very happy. Greyhounds being sprinters don't need as much eercise as you might think.

I haven't had a decent connection at home to watch it yet. :frown:

Evo said:
I haven't had a decent connection at home to watch it yet. :frown:

I hope that improves.

Kurdt said:
Another vid taken today.

jHQyE7o19Jg[/youtube][/QUOTE] That's great. I love the black boots! Puppies are so fun.

I like that video and especially the song. I'd probably stop my dog if it got near a mud puddle, especially since dogs have a habit of jumping on me.. :biggrin:

edit: I can't find this song so I'll have to just listen to it by playing your nice video

Last edited:
Hello Freija

She is getting spayed this morning. I felt dead mean when we handed her over to the vet and she was desperately trying to follow us out. :frown:

I know how it feels. But she should be OK in a few days. Perhaps two weeks.

Kurdt said:
She is getting spayed this morning...

Borek said:
I know how it feels...

Explain please. :confused:

Redbelly98 said:
Explain please. :confused:

I mean the owner part - I know how it feels to leave your pet to be surgically treated at vet clinic.

Shes back home now. Looking very sorry for herself and very tired.

Last edited:
Hug her from me :wink:

Kurdt said:
She is getting spayed this morning. I felt dead mean when we handed her over to the vet and she was desperately trying to follow us out. :frown:

That is always difficult. :cry:

Glad she's home safe and sound.

The great thing about dogs is that they won't hold it against you. She may be a bit nervous on her next trip to the vet, though if it only results in a check-up and a vaccination a little doggie-treat will cover that, too. Heal well, Freija - Harry needs someone to run with.

Freija's gorgeous, Kurdt. The transformation from the first pictures are remarkable. I can't fathom having as much energy as the two of them playing in the field.

Also, I entirely empathise with your feelings about leaving her with the vet. They recover quickly from that surgery. And, here's to hoping you don't have to experience that feeling often during Frieja's lifetime.

Borek said:
I mean the owner part - I know how it feels to leave your pet to be surgically treated at vet clinic.

Sorry Borek, I was joking around. I should have added a ":biggrin:" or something like that.

Redbelly98 said:
Sorry Borek, I was joking around. I should have added a ":biggrin:" or something like that.

No problem - I never know whether it is my English or something else :smile:

I am glad she's feeling ok. :smile: