Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Septic Tank Design & Advanced Oxidation

1. May 30, 2007 #1
    Hi All,

I'm a student trainee at the public utilities at where I live. I have been given a task to find information about septic tank design and advanced oxidation. I have exhausted all resources at my library and also the online library. I searched online and found the same redundant information. Do any of you have any sort of resources that Google and other search engines may not go through?

2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2007 #2
    anybody? bump =)
  4. May 31, 2007 #3

Gold Member

I'm not ignoring you; I simply have absolutely no knowledge of this subject. There is undoubtably at least one member who does, but might not have seen this thread yet.
  5. Jun 1, 2007 #4

Science Advisor

You're being a bit vague with your question. In my area, septic tanks are usually cement tanks. Some people may have metal tanks though. I am not sure as to the breakdown. I am also not quite sure where you get the term "advanced oxidation." Is this part of a homework assignment? Can you post more information on what is required?
  6. Jun 1, 2007 #5
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  7. Jun 2, 2007 #6
    Thank you all for the responses.

Artman, I think I skimmed through those from Google, but thanks. =)

FredGarvin, sorry, I guess I was pretty vague. I think my question is septic design applied to wastewater treatment facilities. This was an assignment given to me by my supervisor to research. I would like to know more about how it could be implemented into a wastewater facility and also how it should be designed for individual households for an urban environment.

I have not taken any classes on environmental engineering or environmental studies, so I apologize ahead of time for honestly, not knowing ANYTHING. lol please bear with me as I'm trying to learn more about this as soon as possible.

8. Jun 8, 2007 #7

Homework Helper

What are you exactly looking for mrmotobiker?

The proccess in a simple septic tank system consists of a septic tank (anaerobic descomposition here) and infiltration system which can be a filtrating well or a field of infiltration.

If you have any more questions i've got a couple of books on the subject. Let me know.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?