• Thread starter NSNS
  • Start date
Summary:
shear flow to shear stress
how to calculate shear stress using shear flow

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
What have you found in your reading so far? Can you post some links to your reading, and ask specific questions about the parts you are having trouble understanding? Thanks.

im just curious when we get the maximum from the shear force diagram but how to know that that is the load that beam can withstand so we have to compare the stress with the beam material shear strength right

but i just cant find how to do that process

Get a text on Mechanics of Materials or one on Machine Design; this is a bit too much for a post.

Likes Chestermiller and berkeman
berkeman
Mentor
im just curious when we get the maximum from the shear force diagram but how to know that that is the load that beam can withstand so we have to compare the stress with the beam material shear strength right
but i just cant find how to do that process
Can you post some links to your reading, and ask specific questions about the parts you are having trouble understanding?
You didn't address my post. Please post the links you have been reading, or this will be a *very* short thread...

i can't find any links that i can read about that, that why I came to ask here

berkeman
Mentor
Try using Google with several search terms that apply. That's an important skill to have in modern times... :wink:

jrmichler
Mentor
Then you were not trying very hard, because I found several good links in less than one minute of searching. However, the suggestion by @Dr.D above is a better approach because books on the subject go into more and better detail than web sites.

Likes berkeman
Zero effort in asking a question on PF (and possibly misplaced schoolwork)
okay, can I ask the last question is shear stress can be calculated by shear flow/thickness?

berkeman
Mentor
You didn't address my post. Please post the links you have been reading, or this will be a *very* short thread...
okay, can I ask the last question is shear stress can be calculated by shear flow/thickness?
Sigh. Very short thread is closed.

Please start a new thread where you actually show some effort and post links to your reading and ask specific questions about that reading that you do not understand.

berkeman
Mentor
Also, if this is for schoolwork, repost in the Homework Help forums, not in the general technical forums. Thank you.