Showing Digit Separator in Casio fx-cg20/10

In summary, the conversation is discussing how to show digit separators, specifically commas, on a calculator. The speaker has been unable to find a way to do so, but recalls doing it in the past. They are seeking help from someone familiar with the calculator. A link to an older thread discussing the same issue is provided, along with a question about whether the speaker used the same calculator before. Another link is shared, providing potential solutions for the issue.
icecat2005
I have been digging into the manual to figure out how to show digit separator (e.g 100,000). I do not seem to be able to find anything even though I have a vague memory that I have done it about a year ago. All I am managing to do is limit decimal places and show 100k instead of 100000.

If anyone is familiar with this calculator, please help.

Computer science news on Phys.org

1. How can I show the digit separator on my Casio fx-cg20/10 calculator?

To show the digit separator on your Casio fx-cg20/10 calculator, you can press the "SETUP" button, then select "DISPLAY," and finally select "DIGIT SEPARATOR." Choose your preferred digit separator and press "OK."

2. Can I customize the digit separator on my Casio fx-cg20/10 calculator?

Yes, you can customize the digit separator on your Casio fx-cg20/10 calculator by following the same steps as above. Instead of selecting a preset option, choose "CUSTOM" and input your desired symbol or character.

3. Will the digit separator be displayed on all calculations?

Yes, once you have set the digit separator on your Casio fx-cg20/10 calculator, it will be displayed on all calculations that involve numbers.

4. Can I turn off the digit separator on my Casio fx-cg20/10 calculator?

Yes, if you decide you no longer want to display the digit separator, you can go back to the "DISPLAY" menu and choose "DIGIT SEPARATOR." From there, select "OFF" and press "OK."

5. Will the digit separator be saved when I turn off my Casio fx-cg20/10 calculator?

Yes, the digit separator setting will be saved even when you turn off your Casio fx-cg20/10 calculator. It will remain as your preferred setting until you choose to change it again.