Simillar long question which will come out during my test,

• Thread starter cracktheegg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, you need to find the Rx Ry of the pulley, and then derive the magnitude of the F through Fr=root(x^2+y^2)3(0.7)+2(0)=Rb(0.8)=0.
cracktheegg

Homework Statement

Untitled_zps6644b296.png

Untitled2_zps8609575f.png

Homework Equations

ƩMA = Ʃ r x F
Total Force of x,y= 0
root(rx^2+ry^2)= Magnitude

The Attempt at a Solution

I cannot find i)

my method
0=2000+3000(0.4)-Rc
-3200N=-Rc(up)

0=3200-2000-3000+Ry
Rx=1800

How to find to magnitude, when roller only got y force, i can't use root(rx^2+ry^2)

Physics news on Phys.org
cracktheegg said:
my method
0=2000+3000(0.4)-Rc
-3200N=-Rc(up)

0=3200-2000-3000+Ry
Rx=1800
I've no idea how you get these equations, or what Rc stands for. Please explain your analysis.
How to find to magnitude, when roller only got y force, i can't use root(rx^2+ry^2)
Since it's a roller against a vertical beam, I would think it can only provide an x force.
But where's the difficulty in finding the magnitude if there were only a y force? What would root(0^2+ry^2) give you?

Likes 1 person
haruspex said:
I've no idea how you get these equations, or what Rc stands for. Please explain your analysis.

Since it's a roller against a vertical beam, I would think it can only provide an x force.
But where's the difficulty in finding the magnitude if there were only a y force? What would root(0^2+ry^2) give you?

They only provide 2 y force, so how i use that to find rx?

You haven't shown us, or at least described in words, your free body diagram. Tell us what you got. That's key to the rest of the problem.

My free body diagram got two reaction for at A, 1 reaction force at B at including the G2, G1 force and also one reaction force at C

cracktheegg said:
My free body diagram got two reaction for at A, 1 reaction force at B at including the G2, G1 force and also one reaction force at C
From the diagram, it doesn't seem that there is any reaction force at C. Next, please write for us your force balance in the vertical direction, your force balance in the horizontal direction, and your moment balance around around hinge A.

3(0.7)+2(0)=Rb(0.8)=0
Rb=2625

I now know how to RX RY at hinge A and answer b, but c quite difficult. i need some guidance

My guess is that I need to find the Rx Ry of the pulley and them derive the magintude of the F through Fr=root(x^2+y^2)

Last edited:
cracktheegg said:
3(0.7)+2(0)=Rb(0.8)=0
Rb=2625

I now know how to RX RY at hinge A and answer b, but c quite difficult. i need some guidance

My guess is that I need to find the Rx Ry of the pulley and them derive the magintude of the F through Fr=root(x^2+y^2)
You are missing the decimal point in your equation for Rb. To get Rx and Ry at A, you need to do horizontal and vertical force balances.

Part c starts out with a geometry problem. You need to find out how far to the right point C is relative to point A, and you need to find out how far point C is above point A. Can you do the geometry to find out those distances?

Chet

Likes 1 person
Can check my working
taking moment at A=2000cos35 (0.4) + 3000sin83.81(1.06) / 1.6(sin64.74) = (wrong answer)

can anyone help me check

AD= 1.6
AG2=1.06

Last edited:
cracktheegg said:
Can check my working
taking moment at A=2000cos35 (0.4) + 3000sin83.81(1.06) / 1.6(sin64.74) = (wrong answer)

can anyone help me check

AD= 1.6
AG2=1.06

I agree with your moment arm to G1, but, for the moment arm to G2, I get (0.8cos35+0.7sin35)=1.06

Also, you left out the moments about A resulting from the horizontal and vertical components of rope tension at C.

Likes 1 person
thanks
Chestermiller i have solve the question.
I appreciate your patient with me alot

1. What is the purpose of a scientific experiment?

The purpose of a scientific experiment is to test a hypothesis or answer a research question by systematically collecting and analyzing data. It allows scientists to make observations, draw conclusions, and make predictions about the natural world.

2. How do you design a successful experiment?

A successful experiment is designed by identifying a clear research question, developing a hypothesis, selecting appropriate variables, and controlling for potential confounding factors. It is also important to use a large sample size, randomize the groups, and replicate the experiment for accurate results.

3. What is the difference between a dependent and independent variable?

A dependent variable is the outcome or response being measured in an experiment, while an independent variable is the factor that is manipulated or changed by the experimenter. The independent variable is hypothesized to have an effect on the dependent variable.

4. How do you analyze and interpret data from an experiment?

Data from an experiment is analyzed and interpreted by using statistical methods and tools. This involves organizing and summarizing the data, determining patterns and relationships, and making comparisons between groups. The results are then used to draw conclusions and support or reject the hypothesis.

5. What are the ethical considerations in conducting scientific research?

Ethical considerations in scientific research include obtaining informed consent from participants, protecting their privacy and confidentiality, minimizing harm and discomfort, and ensuring the well-being of animals used in experiments. It is also important to report accurate and unbiased results and avoid conflicts of interest.