Finding y(t) for ODE y'' - 3y' = 0 with conditions y(0) = 9, y(1) = 7

  • Thread starter Thread starter mr_coffee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Confused Ode
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
mr_coffee
Messages
1,613
Reaction score
1
Hello everyone, I have time again to do more math so here i am!
I'm confused on what they want me to do here, I found A and B but they arn't pretty and i dind't even think they are right. Here is the problem, it has 2 inital conditions, both y(x) no y'(x) which also confused me.
ind y as a function of t if
y'' - 3y' = 0,
y(0) = 9, y(1) = 7 .
y(t) =

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/566/lastscan0ei.jpg

THanks! any help would be great!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
There is a mistake in your line [tex]7=Be^{3t}+A[/tex]. Can you see it?


EDIT: As so emphatically :wink: pointed out below, that is your mistake.
 
Last edited:
Ahh thank you everyone, I friggin' got it:
http://cwcsrv11.cwc.psu.edu/webwork2_files/tmp/equations/cf/6cde53ce8c93c51ddfe1e2f50b5e411.png
 
Last edited by a moderator: