Here's one of my favorites.

top round steaks, thinly sliced, about 4" across
minced garlic
white wine
cooking oil
flour
club rolls
provolone cheese

Dredge the steaks in the flour and brown in an uncoated frying pan. Remove steaks after browning. Use wine to deglaze the pan. Add garlic and return the steaks to the pan until fully cooked. Melt cheese on steaks. Dip the insides of the sliced rolls in the wine and garlic to make it extra tasty. And in just a few minutes, you'll have some damn fine sandwiches.
Mmmm...sounds tasty! That might be dinner tomorrow. :biggrin:

Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you're going to make a meal of it, then you should make these stuffed mushrooms as well. They go perfectly together.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cooking/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_24939,00.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple slices with peanut butter and cinnamunununnanun...whatever.

Scotch(sp) eggs: Take a (shelled!) boiled egg and either make sure its completely dry or pat it with flour, then wrap it in breakfast sausage, my favorite being Jimmy Dean Spicy, and pan fry till brown and set on paper towels till all the grease is soaked up. Put a paper towel or 3 in a small ziploc bag to carry around all day. Yummy.

Make a pot of rice, let cool completely, put in giant ziploc bag in fridge.

1/4 can condensed cream of mushroom soup in the bottom of a bowl, add big handful of rice, spash with water, microwave, stir, eat with crackers.

If you let the rice cool completely in the pan you can remove it in chunks of varying size and they stay together. Take a good sized one and douse w/soy sauce or hot sauce and eat like an apple.

Frito sandwich with or without mayo.

Slice of bread with salt and pepper.

Crackers with butter. Yes butter. Thats what we used to get backinnaday before mexican restaurants served chips and salsa.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Tom Mattson said:
If you're going to make a meal of it, then you should make these stuffed mushrooms as well. They go perfectly together.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cooking/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_24939,00.html [Broken]
I love stuffed mushrooms. Yummy. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Echo 6 Sierra said:
Crackers with butter. Yes butter. Thats what we used to get backinnaday before mexican restaurants served chips and salsa.
I haven't done that in ages! That's how crackers used to be served at my grandmother's house. It was one of my favorite after-school snacks. :approve:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Les Sleeth said:
I'm sure Moonbear is going to give me grief about suggesting this again, but every single day I enjoy half an avocado with mustard in it (I have about 10 varieties of mustard for this) along with baked potato chips (Kettle Chips brand). The secret is to scoop out a fat morsel of avocado with just a small amount of mustard, and then quickly cram in two or three chips. The combination of smooth richness (avocado), sour bite (mustard), and salty crunch is addictive.
I love avocados, too! My favorite snack: I take a warm tortilla with a piece of vegetarian cheese melted on it, then I take a thick slice of fresh avocado and some salsa and roll it up in the tortilla. Yummy! :smile:

i don't like peanut butter at all, so i'm not a reliable source on this. but my whole family loves it when my dad mixes a little powdered sugar into some peanut butter and then they use that as a cracker spread.

Gale17 said:
...dad mixes a little powdered sugar into some peanut butter...
...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

wolram
Gold Member
No one has mentioned cheese on toast yet, one of my favorites, i always
use unsliced stale bread and strong cheese" grated", and mix in some
lee and perin sauce.