So do you think Bulldozer will ever be released?

• Thread starter Topher925
  • Start date
In summary, AMD is planning on releasing its bulldozer architecture in Q3 of this year, but there is doubt that it will actually happen since it has been promised since 2009 without any release. It may eventually happen, but it is expected to be underwhelming, similar to the long-awaited Duke Nukem Forever game. It is suggested to go with Intel instead of waiting for Bulldozer, as one's friend also gave up on waiting for it and it may not be worth the wait unless it is truly revolutionary.
Topher925
Last I heard AMD was planning on releasing its bulldozer architecture during Q3 later this year. Does anyone thing this will actually ever happen? AMD promised this way back in 2009 and we have yet to see anything. I need to upgrade my desktop in the near future and don't want to wait for something that's not going to be released for another few years.

Computer science news on Phys.org
It'll probably happen eventually, but when it does its going to be underwhelming. Kind of like Duke Nukem Forever, been in development for 13 years (or so) and when it gets released it's going to be one of the worst games on the market.

I recommend to just go with Intel and be done with it. My friend was waiting for Bulldozer to update his system but they took too long for him also. Unless this is something really revolutionary, it's not going to be worth waiting for at all.

1. Will Bulldozer ever be released?

Yes, Bulldozer has already been released. It was released in October 2011.

2. Why did it take so long for Bulldozer to be released?

The development of Bulldozer was a complex and ambitious project, and encountered several challenges and delays. The initial release date was pushed back multiple times due to technical issues and design changes.

3. Is Bulldozer a successful processor?

The success of Bulldozer is subjective and depends on various factors. While it did not perform as well as expected in terms of performance and market share, it did introduce innovative technology and paved the way for future processor developments.

4. How does Bulldozer compare to other processors?

Bulldozer was designed to compete with other high-end processors at the time of its release. However, it did not perform as well as its competitors in terms of single-threaded performance, but excelled in multi-threaded workloads.

5. Is it worth buying a Bulldozer processor now?

As Bulldozer is an older processor, it may not be the best choice for a new computer build. However, if you already have a Bulldozer processor or are looking for a budget-friendly option, it can still be a viable choice for certain tasks and applications.