1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solution to differential equations of piezoelectric vibration

1. May 22, 2014 #1
    dear all, I am working on a problem about the vibration of a piezoelectric ring with electrodes on the upper and lower surface. the coordinate system is cylinder coordinate system. the structure is shown below. This is an axisymmetry problem.

attachment.php?attachmentid=69968&d=1400765791.png

the polarization of the piezoelectric ring is along thickness direction.

constitutive equations are
    attachment.php?attachmentid=69969&d=1400765791.png

the equation of motion are
    attachment.php?attachmentid=69970&d=1400765791.png

The geometric relations are
    attachment.php?attachmentid=69971&d=1400765791.png

substituting constitutive relation and geometric relation into the equation of motion , I obtain
    attachment.php?attachmentid=69972&d=1400765791.png

I want to find a solustion to the above equ. (4). Any one who is familiar with such equations could provide some references for me to read ? Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2014 #2

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you expect an analytic solution?

You might determine some appropriate boundary conditions and carry out a series of numerical solutions; this will help you locate the most sensitive parameters, and guide you in some appropriate approximations which will simplify the equations.

4. May 23, 2014 #3
    I just want to find a form for the solution. For example, in Cartesian coordiantes, the vibration equation is
    attachment.php?attachmentid=70014&d=1400853516.png

the solution for the equations is
    attachment.php?attachmentid=70016&d=1400853785.png
    Then I can continue the discussions.

Attached Files:

5. May 24, 2014 #4
    I guess you want to say that there is one of the possibile solutions for the equations you wrote!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook