Solve Physics Problems: Mechanics & Electrodynamics

• Thread starter WiFO215
  • Start date
In summary, The individual has completed D.C. Pandey and some problems from Irodov and is looking for recommendations for further challenging physics problems. They have mentioned that their range of physics is over mechanics and electrodynamics and are asking for suggestions for books with tough physics problems. They have not tried Landau and Lif****z but will do so, and are also asking for other recommendations for books with challenging physics problems. They have also expressed that they are not familiar with those authors and are seeking help and suggestions from the community.
WiFO215
I have done D.C.Pandey and quite some from Irodov. Where do I move on from here? Where is the next level of problems? Could someone guide me to better problems? My range of physics is over mechanics and electrodynamics.

Physics news on Phys.org
Okay let me put it this way. I need a book with tough physics problems.

I am not familiar with either author. Have you tried Landau and Lif****z?

No I shall do so. Thanks. Any other good ones? Just give me books containg challenging problems. I'd like to keep doing them.

I think no one here is familiar with those books and that's why I'm not getting a reply. Maybe let me rephrase. Just give books which contain challenging physics problems

Related to Solve Physics Problems: Mechanics & Electrodynamics

1. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in mechanics and electrodynamics?

To improve your problem-solving skills in mechanics and electrodynamics, it is important to have a strong understanding of the fundamental principles and concepts. Practice solving a variety of problems, including both theoretical and numerical ones. It can also be helpful to work through problems with a study group or tutor, as discussing and explaining solutions can deepen your understanding. Additionally, make use of online resources such as videos and interactive simulations to further enhance your understanding of these subjects.

2. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving physics problems?

One common mistake when solving physics problems is not fully understanding the problem before attempting to solve it. It is important to carefully read and interpret the given information and clearly define the known and unknown variables. Another mistake is not showing all the steps and calculations in your solution, which can lead to losing points or making errors. It is also important to double-check your units and make sure they are consistent throughout the problem.

3. How can I approach a problem that I am stuck on?

If you are stuck on a problem, try breaking it down into smaller parts and identifying what concepts or principles are involved. You can also try working backwards from the solution or looking for similar problems that you have solved before. If you are still struggling, seek help from a teacher, tutor, or online resources. Remember to keep a positive attitude and don't get discouraged.

4. What are some tips for solving physics problems more efficiently?

One tip for solving physics problems more efficiently is to draw clear and accurate diagrams to help visualize the problem. Additionally, identify and use relevant equations and make sure to show all the steps in your calculations. If possible, try to simplify the problem by using approximations or assumptions. Finally, practice and familiarize yourself with common problem-solving techniques, such as using conservation laws or breaking down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts.

5. How can I check my answer to make sure it is correct?

To check your answer, make sure it is consistent with the given information and units. You can also use estimation to see if your answer is reasonable. If you have access to the solutions, compare your approach and answer to the given solution. Additionally, you can ask a classmate or teacher to review your solution and provide feedback. Remember to always check your math and make sure you have shown all the steps in your calculations.