Specific heat capacity of Argon dependence on temperature

In summary, specific heat capacity is the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of a substance by 1 degree Celsius per unit mass. It is dependent on temperature and follows a linear relationship, with the specific heat capacity of Argon decreasing as temperature increases. At room temperature, the specific heat capacity of Argon is approximately 0.520 joules per gram per degree Celsius. This decrease in specific heat capacity can be attributed to the increased kinetic energy of the atoms at higher temperatures. Compared to other gases, Argon has a relatively low specific heat capacity due to its monatomic nature, which limits its ability to store heat.
jakub.gongol
Hi boys and girls.

I am looking for Specific heat capacity of Argon dependence on temperature but i can't seem to find it anywhere. Do you have some source where I could get it from?. I need it for temperatures up to 1300K since i need to evaluate enthalpy of fumes at the exit from a gas turbine..Thank you !

Science news on Phys.org

1. What is specific heat capacity?

Specific heat capacity is the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of a substance by 1 degree Celsius per unit mass. It is often represented by the symbol "C" and is measured in joules per gram per degree Celsius.

2. How does the specific heat capacity of Argon vary with temperature?

The specific heat capacity of Argon is dependent on temperature and follows a linear relationship. As temperature increases, the specific heat capacity of Argon decreases.

3. What is the value of specific heat capacity for Argon at room temperature?

At room temperature (around 25 degrees Celsius), the specific heat capacity of Argon is approximately 0.520 joules per gram per degree Celsius.

4. Why does the specific heat capacity of Argon decrease with increasing temperature?

This is because as temperature increases, the atoms of Argon vibrate more vigorously and have more kinetic energy. This makes it easier for heat to be transferred and therefore, less energy is required to raise the temperature of the substance.

5. How does the specific heat capacity of Argon compare to other gases?

Argon has a relatively low specific heat capacity compared to other gases, such as helium and hydrogen. This is because it is a monatomic gas, meaning its atoms do not form molecules and therefore have less internal energy and fewer degrees of freedom to store heat.