Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Specific heat of certain hard water(hardness measured with gpg)

1. Oct 5, 2007 #1
    ok so this is my first post and im not sure if what im looking for is even possiable or that im even posting in the right form.. anyways

im looking for a way to find the specific heat of a water sample depending on the hardness, i measure hardness with grains per gallon (gpg). and im realistic i realize that hardness even at a measured or set rate is different between water samples because of the variations of dissolved rock and minerals, so it will be an estimation at best.

idealy i want to be able to figure out specific heat of a hard water sample so i can compare it to the specific heat of filtered softened water, and then be able to compute boiling time ect...

i tried to google something about it but had no luck. maybe someone here can shed some light.

thanks,
    ryan cheeseman

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted