Split Short Exact Sequences - Bland - Proposition 3.2.7 - Three equivalent condiitions

In summary, Bland's book, Rings and Their Modules, is a great and challenging book! His notation and his rigour are excellent as is the clarity of his arguments. I really enjoy challenging myself with his book. However, I am not convinced that it is a good book yet. An errata-sheet would be most helpful.
That does not make sense, since any counterexample to $(3)\implies (1)$ is a a counterexample to the implication that $(3)$ implies the ses splits; for a split exact sequence necessarily satisfies $(1), (2)$, and $(3)$. Seeing that you want to stop the discussion, I'll leave it to other users address your concerns.

Physics news on Phys.org
Euge said:
That does not make sense, since any counterexample to $(3)\implies (1)$ is a a counterexample to the implication that $(3)$ implies the ses splits; for a split exact sequence necessarily satisfies $(1), (2)$, and $(3)$. Seeing that you want to stop the discussion, I'll leave it to other users address your concerns.
Thanks to Euge and Steenis for clarifying matters ...

There are some further helpful and informative posts on the Physics Forums in the sub-forum Linear and Abstract Algebra ... here

https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...-bland-proposition-3-2-7.881174/#post-5538854

Hope that helps ...

Peter