Help with Integration Step in y'=1+0.01y^2 Problem - Expert Advice

In summary, "Stuck on integration step" refers to a scientist facing uncertainty or difficulty in proceeding with a new technique or information while conducting an experiment or analyzing data. To get "unstuck" from an integration step, seeking guidance from a mentor or colleague, doing further research, or consulting relevant literature can be helpful. Common reasons for getting stuck on an integration step include lack of understanding, unexpected results, and lack of resources or support. To prevent getting stuck in the future, it is important to thoroughly understand the concept and plan ahead. It is not uncommon for scientists to face challenges in integrating new techniques, and this is a normal part of the scientific process.
asdf1
In the problem, y`= 1+0.01y^2
the first i took was
dy/(1+0.01y^2)=dx
however, I'm stuck on the integration step...
can someone help?

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]\int {\frac{{dy}}{{1 + 0.01y^2 }}} = \int {\frac{{dy}}{{1 + \left( {\frac{y}{{10}}} \right)^2 }}} = 10\int {\frac{{d\left( {\frac{y}{{10}}} \right)}}{{1 + \left( {\frac{y}{{10}}} \right)^2 }}}[/tex]

The last one smells arctan-ish :smile:

jeepers! thanks for reminding me about the arctan-ish thingy...
crud, totally forgot about that one~
:)

No problem; but never forget the arctan hehe :biggrin:

1. What does "Stuck on integration step" mean?

When a scientist is conducting an experiment or analyzing data, they may come across a step in the process of integrating new information or techniques that they are unsure how to proceed with. This can cause them to feel "stuck" or unable to move forward.

2. How can I get "unstuck" from an integration step?

If you find yourself stuck on an integration step, it can be helpful to seek guidance from a mentor or colleague who may have experience with similar techniques or data. You can also do further research or consult relevant literature to gain a better understanding of the integration step.

3. Are there any common reasons for getting stuck on an integration step?

Yes, there can be several reasons for getting stuck on an integration step. Some common reasons include not fully understanding the concept or technique, encountering unexpected results, or not having the necessary resources or support.

4. How can I prevent getting stuck on an integration step in the future?

To prevent getting stuck on an integration step in the future, it is important to thoroughly understand the concept or technique before attempting to integrate it into your work. It can also be helpful to plan ahead and have a clear understanding of the steps involved in the integration process.

5. Is getting stuck on an integration step a common occurrence in scientific research?

Yes, it is not uncommon for scientists to encounter challenges or roadblocks when integrating new techniques or information into their work. This is a normal part of the scientific process and can lead to valuable learning experiences and improved research methods.