Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Survey text on aerospace engineering

1. Feb 8, 2006 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2006 #2

Science Advisor

Just so we know what exactly it is you are looking for...

When you say "survey text" do you mean an introductory text that touches on the high points of an area with some details so you can get a flavor of the topic? If it is, then a handbook like the one you listed is not going to be very informative for you. It will simply amass a whole lot of information that one is assumed to already be familiar with. It is a reference, not a teaching text.
  4. Feb 8, 2006 #3
    Yes, I am looking for something that gives and overview of the topics commonly taught in an undergraduate program on Aerospace Engineering. Something that will give me a good idea of the topics covered in an aerospace program and the kinds of work aerospace engineers do.
  5. Feb 8, 2006 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Introduction to Flight by John D. Anderson

This book was taught in my Sophomore Introduction to Aerodynamics class and is one of the best written books on the subject out there.
  6. Feb 8, 2006 #5
    Looks great! Thanks!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?