My AA Degree - A Year of Learning and Thanks to PF!

In summary, QuarkCharmer received an AA degree from a prestigious community college after his first year of joining Physics Forums. He expressed his gratitude to the members who helped him with his studies and shared his plans of pursuing a paid grad program at the University of Central Florida. He also mentioned that he had a useless music degree prior to this and felt like he had accomplished more in the field of physics and mathematics. He received congratulations and well-wishes from other members on his achievement.
QuarkCharmer
I thought you all might want to take a look at this degree inferred on me from a prestigious community college :rofl: , that finally appeared in the mail almost 6 months after I earned it.

[PLAIN]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/218/imag0058cg.jpg

I don't think it's any big deal (worth about the cost of the paper it's on), but it reminded me that I only joined PF a little more than a year ago before starting my first semester. I think that one year from nothing to an AA is something, not much compared to most here, but it's something none the less, and I owe a great deal of thanks to the dozen people who have helped me out with every silly little problem I have requested help on, and engaged me in pf-chat when I was confused about something that was no doubt elementary.

So thanks a ton physicsforums, and here is to 6+n more happy years, where 2k > n > 1.

(where k is a non arbitrary "hope" constant)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yay! A big, big congrats! :approve:

What are your plans now? (Actually, if the paper arrived 6 months after it was earned, I bet you've already executed much of them, but I'd like to know!)

I'm well into my second semester as a third year physics student at the University of Central Florida, hoping to scoot my way into a paid grad program. I had a useless music degree prior to this but I feel like I have accomplished more in this year long span of physics/math et al. The paper just reminded me to take a moment and say thanks to everyone who has helped me out. I should probably tear it in two and send half to micromass.

Congrats QC!

Congratulations QuarkCharmer!

Got a favorite fish to celebrate?? :biggrin:

Congrats Quark! You earned every bit of it!

Congrats!

Well done! What's next?

Congratulations QuarkCharmer :D It is a big accomplishment :approve: If you did not complete this you would not be able to go on to the bigger things :biggrin: Great work! Did you have to attend a ceremony?

QC, You rock ! :wink: :cool:

Rhody...

HeLiXe said:
Did you have to attend a ceremony?

Haha, no way. I don't even think I will when I finish my 4 year degree. Assuming I can get into the classes I need I should finish a 5 year Physics program in 3 years total at this rate.

cool :biggrin:

Congratulations Quark. :smile:

1. What is an AA degree?

An AA degree, or Associate of Arts degree, is an undergraduate academic degree typically awarded after completing two years of study at a community college or junior college. It is considered a stepping stone towards earning a bachelor's degree.

2. What subjects are typically covered in an AA degree program?

An AA degree program typically includes courses in general education subjects such as math, English, science, and social sciences. It may also include courses specific to a particular major, such as business or psychology.

3. How long does it take to earn an AA degree?

It typically takes two years of full-time study to earn an AA degree. However, the time may vary based on the number of credits taken per semester and any transfer credits from other institutions.

4. Can an AA degree help with career advancement?

Yes, an AA degree can help with career advancement by providing a foundation of knowledge and skills that can be applied to various fields. It can also serve as a stepping stone towards earning a bachelor's degree.

5. How does PF (Personal Finance) play a role in earning an AA degree?

PF, or Personal Finance, can play a role in earning an AA degree by helping students manage their finances while in school. This may include budgeting for tuition and expenses, as well as understanding financial aid options. Additionally, learning about personal finance can help students make informed decisions about student loans and managing debt after graduation.