Thanks PF!

I thought you all might want to take a look at this degree inferred on me from a prestigious community college :rofl: , that finally appeared in the mail almost 6 months after I earned it.

[PLAIN]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/218/imag0058cg.jpg [Broken]

I don't think it's any big deal (worth about the cost of the paper it's on), but it reminded me that I only joined PF a little more than a year ago before starting my first semester. I think that one year from nothing to an AA is something, not much compared to most here, but it's something none the less, and I owe a great deal of thanks to the dozen people who have helped me out with every silly little problem I have requested help on, and engaged me in pf-chat when I was confused about something that was no doubt elementary.

So thanks a ton physicsforums, and here is to 6+n more happy years, where 2k > n > 1.

(where k is a non arbitrary "hope" constant)

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yay! A big, big congrats! :approve:

What are your plans now? (Actually, if the paper arrived 6 months after it was earned, I bet you've already executed much of them, but I'd like to know!)

I'm well into my second semester as a third year physics student at the University of Central Florida, hoping to scoot my way into a paid grad program. I had a useless music degree prior to this but I feel like I have accomplished more in this year long span of physics/math et al. The paper just reminded me to take a moment and say thanks to everyone who has helped me out. I should probably tear it in two and send half to micromass.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Congrats QC!

micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Congratulations QuarkCharmer!!!!

Got a favorite fish to celebrate?? :biggrin:

Evo
Mentor
Congrats Quark!!! You earned every bit of it!

jhae2.718
Gold Member
Congrats!

DoggerDan
Well done! What's next?

Congratulations QuarkCharmer :D It is a big accomplishment :approve: If you did not complete this you would not be able to go on to the bigger things :biggrin: Great work! Did you have to attend a ceremony?

rhody
Gold Member
QC, You rock !!! :wink: :cool:

Rhody...

Did you have to attend a ceremony?

Haha, no way. I don't even think I will when I finish my 4 year degree. Assuming I can get into the classes I need I should finish a 5 year Physics program in 3 years total at this rate.

cool :biggrin:

drizzle
Gold Member
Congratulations Quark. :smile: