Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thanks PF!

1. Sep 6, 2011 #1
    I thought you all might want to take a look at this degree inferred on me from a prestigious community college :rofl: , that finally appeared in the mail almost 6 months after I earned it.

[PLAIN]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/218/imag0058cg.jpg [Broken]

I don't think it's any big deal (worth about the cost of the paper it's on), but it reminded me that I only joined PF a little more than a year ago before starting my first semester. I think that one year from nothing to an AA is something, not much compared to most here, but it's something none the less, and I owe a great deal of thanks to the dozen people who have helped me out with every silly little problem I have requested help on, and engaged me in pf-chat when I was confused about something that was no doubt elementary.

So thanks a ton physicsforums, and here is to 6+n more happy years, where 2k > n > 1.

(where k is a non arbitrary "hope" constant)

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2011 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yay! A big, big congrats! :approve:

What are your plans now? (Actually, if the paper arrived 6 months after it was earned, I bet you've already executed much of them, but I'd like to know!)

4. Sep 6, 2011 #3
    I'm well into my second semester as a third year physics student at the University of Central Florida, hoping to scoot my way into a paid grad program. I had a useless music degree prior to this but I feel like I have accomplished more in this year long span of physics/math et al. The paper just reminded me to take a moment and say thanks to everyone who has helped me out. I should probably tear it in two and send half to micromass.

5. Sep 6, 2011 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Congrats QC!

6. Sep 6, 2011 #5

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Congratulations QuarkCharmer!!!!

Got a favorite fish to celebrate?? :biggrin:

7. Sep 6, 2011 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Congrats Quark!!! You earned every bit of it!

8. Sep 6, 2011 #7

jhae2.718

Gold Member

Congrats!

9. Sep 7, 2011 #8
    Well done! What's next?

10. Sep 7, 2011 #9
    Congratulations QuarkCharmer :D It is a big accomplishment :approve: If you did not complete this you would not be able to go on to the bigger things :biggrin: Great work! Did you have to attend a ceremony?

11. Sep 7, 2011 #10

rhody

Gold Member

QC, You rock !!! :wink: :cool:

Rhody...

12. Sep 7, 2011 #11
    Haha, no way. I don't even think I will when I finish my 4 year degree. Assuming I can get into the classes I need I should finish a 5 year Physics program in 3 years total at this rate.

13. Sep 8, 2011 #12
    cool :biggrin:

14. Sep 8, 2011 #13

drizzle

Gold Member

Congratulations Quark. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook