The Earth's Electric Field and the size of Dinosaurs.

In summary, there is a theory that the Earth's electric field was weaker at the time of the dinosaurs, which may have contributed to their ability to support their massive size. However, this theory is not widely accepted and raises questions about the present energy of the Earth's electric field and the tensile strength of dinosaur bones. It is important to obtain information from reputable sources when learning about science.
Chaos' lil bro Order
Hello, I have heard a theory on how the Earth's electric field is presently stronger than it was at the time of the dinosaurs. The theory reasons that larger dinosaurs, like say a Brontasaurus (pardon spelling) were simply too massive in size and weight for their bodies to be held up by their bones and ligaments. Therefore, the theory reasons, that the Earth's gravity was weaker back then and this weakness can be attributed to the fact that the Earth's electric field was also weaker back then.

That said, I do not necessarily agree with this theory, but it is quite interesting to ponder. Some questions about it pop into one's mind. Some questions like:

1). What is the present energy of the Earth's electric field and is there any physical evidence of weaker electric fields at the time of the dinosaurs?

2) What are the tensile strengths of a Brontasaurus' supporting bones? Are they strong enough to support the stresses a walking Brontasaurus frame would put on them?

3) How much does the Earth's electric field contribute to the Earth's total gravity, considering its mass contributes to this total as well?

I thank you for your attention. If you would like to add some answers or more questions I would be thankful.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
#3 is the easy one: none at all.

That link is to a crackpot website and we don't allow such things here. It is best to just learn science from reputable sources.

I find this theory about the Earth's electric field and the size of dinosaurs intriguing. However, it is important to note that this is currently just a theory and has not been proven through scientific research.

To address your questions, the present energy of the Earth's electric field is approximately 100 volts per meter. There is no direct physical evidence of weaker electric fields at the time of the dinosaurs, but scientists can study the Earth's magnetic field to get an idea of how the electric field may have changed over time.

The tensile strength of a Brontasaurus' bones would depend on their size and composition, which can vary among different species. However, it is generally believed that dinosaurs had strong and sturdy bones to support their large bodies.

The contribution of the Earth's electric field to its total gravity is currently not well understood. While the electric field does play a role in the Earth's overall gravitational pull, it is not the only factor. The mass of the Earth and its distance from other celestial bodies also play a significant role in its gravity.

There are certainly many more questions that can be raised about this theory, and further research and evidence are needed to fully understand the relationship between the Earth's electric field and the size of dinosaurs. Thank you for bringing this topic to my attention and I look forward to further discussions and investigations on this subject.

1. What is the Earth's Electric Field?

The Earth's Electric Field is a phenomenon that exists due to the differences in electrical charges between the Earth's surface and the upper atmosphere. This difference in charge creates an electric field that extends from the surface of the Earth into the atmosphere.

2. How does the Earth's Electric Field affect dinosaurs?

The Earth's Electric Field has been shown to have an impact on the behavior and movement of dinosaurs. Some studies have suggested that dinosaurs may have been able to sense changes in the electric field and use it for navigation and communication.

3. Is there a connection between the size of dinosaurs and the Earth's Electric Field?

There is currently no scientific evidence to suggest a direct correlation between the size of dinosaurs and the Earth's Electric Field. However, some research has shown a possible link between the electric field and the growth and development of some species of dinosaurs.

4. How do scientists study the Earth's Electric Field and its effect on dinosaurs?

Scientists use a variety of methods to study the Earth's Electric Field, including measuring changes in the electric field over time and studying the behavior and physiology of modern animals that are sensitive to electric fields. They also use fossils and other geological evidence to study the possible impact of the electric field on dinosaurs.

5. Could the Earth's Electric Field have contributed to the extinction of dinosaurs?

There is no evidence to suggest that the Earth's Electric Field played a significant role in the extinction of dinosaurs. Other factors, such as climate change and asteroid impacts, are believed to have had a much greater impact on the extinction of dinosaurs.