Help Page on Physics Forums - Learn BB Code & LaTeX Primer

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, there are helpful links to BB code, LaTeX Primer, and other information on the forum's main page and through the INFO link at the top right of every page. The About Us page has been moved to the Insights platform and there are big plans for winter 2018. More information will be shared when available.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
This which comes from hyperlink at the bottom of forum main page is helpful, in showing a link to BB code and to LaTeX Primer; and maybe other stuff that anyone might want to know about:

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/

Physics news on Phys.org
You can also get to it via the INFO link at the top right of the page. :smile:

berkeman said:
You can also get to it via the INFO link at the top right of the page. :smile:
Which is on EVERY page, not just the main page, so much more useful.

From the insights article:
Big things are planned for winter 2018…

Will this remain a suspense, or will you tell us something about it? :bugeye: @Greg Bernhardt

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Wrichik Basu said:
Will this remain a suspense, or will you tell us something about it? :bugeye: @Greg Bernhardt
Nothing yet, I'm myself waiting for some information. Once I get it, I'll update the community :)

Likes Wrichik Basu

1. What is BB Code and LaTeX?

BB Code and LaTeX are markup languages used to format and display text on online forums, including Physics Forums. BB Code is a simplified version of HTML, while LaTeX is a typesetting language used for mathematical equations and formulas.

2. How do I use BB Code and LaTeX on Physics Forums?

To use BB Code and LaTeX on Physics Forums, simply enclose your text or equations in the appropriate tags. For example, to bold text, use the [B] tags before and after the text. To display a mathematical equation, use the [TEX] tags before and after the equation.

3. What are some common BB Code and LaTeX tags used on Physics Forums?

Some common BB Code tags used on Physics Forums include [B] for bold, [I] for italics, [U] for underlining, and [IMG] for inserting images. Common LaTeX tags include [TEX] for displaying equations, [SUB] for subscript, and [SUP] for superscript.

4. Can I use BB Code and LaTeX on all sections of Physics Forums?

Yes, you can use BB Code and LaTeX on all sections of Physics Forums, including posts, private messages, signatures, and profile descriptions. However, some sections may have restrictions on which tags can be used.

5. Are there any resources available to help me learn BB Code and LaTeX?

Yes, there are several resources available to help you learn BB Code and LaTeX. Physics Forums has a Help Page specifically for learning BB Code and LaTeX, which includes a comprehensive list of tags and examples. Additionally, there are many online tutorials and forums where you can ask for help and learn from other members.