The French Betrayal of America

• News
  • Thread starter kat
  • Start date
Zero
Last chance...get on topic, or thread get locked.

kat
Originally posted by Zero
Hmmmmm...a list from Israel-worshipping website...cute.:wink:

Seriously, though, stipulating that the list is accurate...so what? You're grasping here, people.
I know you're joking, sort of..but whether Memri loves jews or not is irrelevent. Their translations of articles from arabic media are known to be accurate and legitimate. Whether the Arabic Media has written an accurate piece is another story. BUT It's also the list that the U.N. and a multitude of other major news sources have been referencing.

I don't think anyone is "grasping" here. It's a very serious issue and as I mentioned above is now being brought before the security council in order to bring it before and independent investigation. Other countries are also investigating.
The AP has just posted a story on the http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAZ26L21SD.html [Broken]

As for how this particular case effects france. I believe 2 of the men on the list are or were interior ministers, there is also some connection to Chiraq's son in law, canadian oil companies and politicians. I think it will be awihle before it's all sorted out.

There's also the issue of the French Bank which I had come across a detailed explanation of the issues a few days ago but can't remember where I saw it..when I do I will post it. Here is a blurb from WSJ Read the whole article for a better picture.

To this end, he wrote a second letter to the U.N. secretariat on Feb. 1, this time addressed to Hans Correll, Under Secretary for Legal Affairs and Legal Counsel of the U.N., with a copy to British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw. He catalogs questions on areas "which need urgent investigation," e.g. "Why did the U.N. approve oil contracts to non-end users?" His letter alleges that "not less than 10% was added to the value of all invoices to provide cash to Saddam . . . why was this not identified and prevented?" The letter also asks "What controls were in place to monitor BNP [the French bank] who handled the bulk of the LCs, the total value of which may have [been] in the region of $47 billion?"

The problem was not donations to political parties or politicians. One of the problems as I understood it were vouchers for the food for oil program were not used in the manner they were supposed to be, and in effect being given as payoffs and bribes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zero
Fine, we're done here.