Can You Recall the Name of "The Name of this Game"?

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, the conversation revolved around a game, possibly called Oregon Trail, where players would travel on a horse and cart from the east to west of the USA in the old times. They would encounter challenges such as repairing broken wheels, crossing rivers, and getting medicine for ill travelers. The goal was to reach the end with as many people as you started with, as losing all travelers would result in a loss. The conversation also mentioned the possibility of finding the game on a 5 1/4 inch floppy disk for an old Commodore computer.
StevieTNZ
There is this game (well, use to be) where you'd have yourself and possibly others go from the east to west of the USA on a horse and cart back in the old times, and you'd be given some coins and stuff. You'd need to repair broken wheels, get medicine if someone was ill (or you'd just leave them and they would usually die), cross rivers, camp for the night (or a few days) if you needed to cross a river but it was too deep at the time (or you could cross it and risk everything you had).

You had to make it to the end with as many as people you started out with, and if everyone died before then you lost.

I can't remember the name of this game! Can anyone recall what it is called?

Physics news on Phys.org
Oregon Trail perhaps?!

Yes! THANK YOU! That's it. :D

I was thinking of Westward Ho. I bet if I dig deep enough I can come up with this old game on a 5 1/4 inch floppy for an old Commodore. And yes, I could probably come up with the machine it runs on as well as the disk drive.

The game you are describing sounds like "The Oregon Trail." It was a popular educational computer game in the 1980s and 1990s that simulated the journey of settlers traveling west on the Oregon Trail in the 1800s. Players had to manage resources, make decisions, and navigate various obstacles in order to successfully reach their destination. It is still available to play today and has been updated with new versions and features.

1. What is "The Name of this Game" about?

"The Name of this Game" is a video game that combines elements of puzzle, adventure, and role-playing games. Players must solve various challenges and puzzles while unraveling a mysterious story.

2. Is "The Name of this Game" available on all gaming platforms?

Currently, "The Name of this Game" is only available on PC and Mac. However, there are plans to release it on other gaming platforms in the future.

3. How long does it take to complete "The Name of this Game"?

The completion time for "The Name of this Game" varies depending on the player's skill level and how much time they spend exploring and solving puzzles. On average, it takes around 8-10 hours to complete the game.

4. Can "The Name of this Game" be played with friends?

No, "The Name of this Game" is a single-player game and cannot be played with friends. However, players can compare their progress and achievements with others through online leaderboards.

5. Are there different difficulty levels in "The Name of this Game"?

Yes, "The Name of this Game" offers three different difficulty levels: easy, medium, and hard. The harder the difficulty level, the more challenging the puzzles and tasks become.