1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nuclear Theoretical Nuclear Physics Textbook

1. May 29, 2017 #1
    Hello,

I am interested in getting into low-energy experimental nuclear physics. I have studied quantum mechanics and a few introductory nuclear science textbooks (e.g. Shultis + Faw: Introduction to Nuclear Science and Engineering).

I found the textbook Theoretical Nuclear Physics by Blatt and Weisskopf which, content- and difficulty-wise, seems to be exactly what I am looking for. However, this book has no problems. Hence I am looking for either a book of problems in nuclear physics to supplement it or a textbook that has similar material/difficulty along with problems.

For reference, I looked at Krane's Introductory Nuclear Physics and I am looking for something more advanced. I am looking for something that treats most of the subject quantum mechanically. The specific material that I want to study is 2-body problems (including scattering), nuclear spectroscopic models, quantum mechanical treatment of nuclear reactions, and interaction of nuclei with EM radiation.

2. jcsd
  3. May 31, 2017 #2

DrDu

Science Advisor

Maybe:
    The Nuclear Many-Body Problem

Authors: Ring, Peter, Schuck, Peter

4. May 31, 2017 #3
    This book also looks great but there are no problems at the end of the chapters.

The specific reason why I am looking for problems is because I am trying to organize a small reading group and it will be much easier to gauge progress if we all do problem sets.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted