TI Calculator Fun: Unleash the Hidden Powers of Your TI Calculator

In summary, TI calculators (82, 83, 83+, 86, 89, 92, etc.) have capabilities beyond just math, such as building robots, collecting data, and creating games in TI-Basic or assembly. ticalc.org is a resource for games, programming, and tutorials for these devices. Some users have had fun programming in TI-Basic but prefer other languages like C.
split
If you own any type of TI calculator (82, 83, 83+, 86, 89, 92, etc.), you may not know that it can do a lot more than math! You can build a robot (http://smallrobot.com), collect data like distance, velocity and acceleration (http://www.eaiusa.com/mo__texas__instruments__calculators__CBL-CBR.htm ) or make cool games in TI-Basic or assembly (Motorola 68K or Z80--depending on your device.)

I started on http://ticalc.org, so if you find this message interesting, you may want to check it out. They have games, programming and hardware tutorials, and news.

So, any other calcaholics out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I used to have some fun making games and other apps in ti-basic. It was fun but the language was absolutily horrible. I'll stick to C, thank you very much. Although, i didn't know i could make it into a robot. I'm going to have to check that out.
-HBar

Wow, it's amazing to see all the different possibilities and capabilities of TI calculators beyond just math! I had no idea they could be used to build robots or collect data like distance and velocity. And the fact that they can also be used to create games in TI-Basic or assembly is really impressive. Thank you for sharing these resources, I will definitely check out ticalc.org for more information. It's great to know that there is a whole community of "calcaholics" out there exploring the hidden powers of these calculators. Who knew math could be so fun and versatile?

1. What is "TI Calculator Fun" all about?

"TI Calculator Fun" is a book that teaches you how to unlock the hidden features and capabilities of your TI calculator. It covers various tips, tricks, and games that you can do with your calculator to make math and science more fun and interactive.

2. Do I need any prior knowledge or experience with TI calculators to understand the book?

No, the book is designed for beginners and assumes no prior knowledge or experience with TI calculators. It starts with the basics and gradually introduces more advanced concepts.

3. Can I use the techniques and games in the book on any TI calculator model?

Yes, most of the techniques and games in the book can be used on any TI calculator model. However, some specific features may only be available on certain models.

4. Is the book suitable for all ages?

Yes, the book is suitable for all ages, but it is geared towards students in middle school, high school, and college. Younger children may need some assistance from an adult to understand some of the concepts.

5. Are there any real-world applications for the techniques and games in the book?

Yes, the techniques and games in the book are not just for fun. They can also be applied to real-world problems and situations, making math and science more engaging and relatable.