Ti NSpire cx - 2 questions, last equation, and touch pad?

• Thread starter Xtensity
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Nspire
In summary, the person is having two issues with their new calculator. First, they are unable to reuse their most recently typed equation, unlike on their previous calculator. Second, they are trying to figure out how to disable the touchpad, which is causing them to misclick through menus frequently. They found a solution for the first issue by using the copy and paste function, but are still looking for a way to completely disable the touchpad. They found resources online, but have not been able to find a clear answer.
Xtensity
Sorry, title limited on what I could type. I just got this calculator and am having two big issues with it.

1) I cannot figure out how to reuse my most recently typed equation. For example if I type in a insanely long multiple variable equation and evaluate, the only way I can figure out how to get it back is to type it all out again, if I want to change something and re-evaluate. On my Ti 89 I could just do 2nd + Entry.

2) How can I disable the touch pad? I have no desire to use it and I see no reason to use it, and it is causing me to misclick through the menus way too often.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hm the ctrl+c and ctrl+v combo works for the equations I tried, but it's a little tedious.

I had tried scrolling up and clicking to bring the equation back down, but I specifically was unable to get this to do anything with summation operations. The copy and paste method should make due for now... thanks!

I completely understand your frustration with these issues on your new calculator. Allow me to provide some insight and solutions to your problems.

1) It seems like you are trying to access the previous equation using the same method as on your Ti 89 calculator. However, the Ti NSpire CX has a different interface and therefore requires a different approach. To access your previous equation, you can press the up arrow key to scroll through your previous entries. This will allow you to select and edit your previous equation without having to retype it.

2) The touchpad on the Ti NSpire CX is a useful feature for some users, but it can be disabled if you do not wish to use it. To disable the touchpad, go to the Settings menu and select "Touchpad." From there, you can turn off the touchpad function.

I hope these solutions help you to better navigate and utilize your new calculator. If you continue to have issues, I recommend consulting the user manual or contacting the manufacturer for further assistance. Good luck!

1. What is the Ti NSpire cx and what are its main features?

The Ti NSpire cx is a scientific calculator produced by Texas Instruments. Its main features include a touchpad, the ability to graph and solve equations, and access to various math and science applications.

2. How do I enter equations and solve them on the Ti NSpire cx?

To enter an equation, simply use the keypad to type it in. You can then use the touchpad to manipulate and solve the equation. Alternatively, you can use the calculator's built-in equation solver to find the solution.

3. Can I access my previous calculations on the Ti NSpire cx?

Yes, the Ti NSpire cx has a history feature that allows you to view and access your previous calculations. You can also save and organize your calculations using the calculator's memory functions.

4. How do I use the last equation feature on the Ti NSpire cx?

The last equation feature allows you to quickly access the last equation you entered. Simply press the "Last" button on the calculator's touchpad to view the equation and make any necessary changes.

5. Is the touchpad on the Ti NSpire cx easy to use?

Yes, the touchpad on the Ti NSpire cx is designed for easy and intuitive use. It allows you to navigate through menus, manipulate equations, and graph functions with just a few taps and swipes.