To little time to find them

• Thread starter Konrad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a list of all primes from 2 to 2^34 in a limited amount of time. Some suggestions were to use a website or obtain software such as GAP or GMP/PARI to generate the list. However, it was also mentioned that downloading such a large list would take a significant amount of time and it may be more efficient to write a program to generate the primes instead.
Konrad
Hi everyone. I'm not going to waste anybodys time with a long story why and what for but the thing is that I'm doing my little project and I'm very limited on time so maybe one of you guys could help me out telling me if there is (somewhere on the web :) list of ALL primes from 2 to 2^34. Of course I could do it myself but ... time is an issue. If there is a website where I can find those primes that would be very appreciated. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Obtain GAP, it's free, ask it to print out the primes. Use GMP/PARI (also free, I think). It precomputes all primes up to 2^30 on loading. A simple C program can also be written. Python is possibly better.

That's an awful lot of primes you're asking for -- 762,939,111 according to Sloane. If you find the whole thing online won't downloading it take fairly substantial time? If the primes average 10 bits (9 bits + a space) or so, you're talking about 7-8 gigabytes plain text. Of course there are many ways to compress this, but surely writing a parser is comparable in effort to just writing a program to generate them?

Plus, at 56kbps with 30% packet loss, that would take 5-6 hours to download. (It would take < 10 minutes on a T1 if you were the only user.)

Google- GAP

I get some fashion stores..>.<

Gib Z said:
Google- GAP

I get some fashion stores..>.<

Try "Groups, Algorithms and Programming".

1. What does the phrase "too little time to find them" mean?

The phrase "too little time to find them" refers to a situation where there is not enough time to discover or locate something. It suggests a limited amount of time to complete a task or find something before time runs out.

2. Why is having too little time to find something a problem?

Having too little time to find something can be a problem because it can lead to rushed decisions, mistakes, and missed opportunities. It can also cause stress and anxiety, as there is pressure to complete a task or find something within a limited timeframe.

3. How can I manage my time better to avoid having too little time to find things?

To manage your time better and avoid having too little time to find things, you can create a schedule or to-do list to prioritize your tasks. It's also important to delegate tasks when possible and avoid procrastination. Additionally, taking breaks and practicing time management techniques can help improve productivity.

4. What are some strategies for finding things quickly when there is limited time?

Some strategies for finding things quickly when there is limited time include breaking tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks, utilizing search tools and technology, and asking for help from others. It's also important to stay organized and focused, as well as to stay calm and avoid getting overwhelmed.

5. Is it always possible to find things when there is limited time?

In some cases, it may not be possible to find things when there is limited time. This could be due to a variety of factors such as not having enough resources or information, or the task being too complex or time-sensitive. In these situations, it's important to prioritize and focus on what is most important and accept that some things may not be able to be found within a short timeframe.