1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transfer Function

1. Nov 24, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I need help finding the transfer function for the attached image.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

I combined the 1/6F cap and the 1 ohm resistor into a single impedence. I know the AV of the opamp is -0.5/(6s+1). After that I am stumped.

Is there a name of this specific circuit?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2011 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Have you tried nodal analysis? Call node "a" the junction of the input 1Ω resistor and the capacitors, call node "b" the inverting input of the op-amp. The output of the op-amp can be Vo, while the circuit input signal is Vi. Remember the properties of an op-amp; there's a negative feedback loop, so what can you say about the voltage at the input terminals? How about the current?

4. Nov 24, 2011 #3
    Ok, I know I am on the right track. I have tried a couple things, but didn';t quite get it. I guess my problem is relating V- to V+. I want to think that V- = V+ = 0, but I don't think thats right. I know the answer (it is at the top of the sheet). Here is what I have so far now.

Attached Files:

5. Nov 25, 2011 #4
    I got it :) Thx anyhow! Little bit of patience and practice pays off

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook