Transfer Function Help: Find Soln for Attached Image

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding the transfer function for a circuit with an op-amp, a capacitor, and a resistor. The circuit is solved using nodal analysis and the properties of an op-amp in a negative feedback loop. The final solution is found through patience and practice.
triden

Homework Statement

I need help finding the transfer function for the attached image.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I combined the 1/6F cap and the 1 ohm resistor into a single impedence. I know the AV of the opamp is -0.5/(6s+1). After that I am stumped.

Is there a name of this specific circuit?

Attachments

• 20111123_223420.jpg
    20111123_223420.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 454
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried nodal analysis? Call node "a" the junction of the input 1Ω resistor and the capacitors, call node "b" the inverting input of the op-amp. The output of the op-amp can be Vo, while the circuit input signal is Vi. Remember the properties of an op-amp; there's a negative feedback loop, so what can you say about the voltage at the input terminals? How about the current?

Ok, I know I am on the right track. I have tried a couple things, but didn';t quite get it. I guess my problem is relating V- to V+. I want to think that V- = V+ = 0, but I don't think that's right. I know the answer (it is at the top of the sheet). Here is what I have so far now.

Attachments

• 20111124_215616.jpg
    20111124_215616.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 411
I got it :) Thx anyhow! Little bit of patience and practice pays off

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with finding the transfer function for this circuit. It appears to be a non-inverting amplifier circuit with a capacitor in the feedback loop.

To find the transfer function, we can use the standard equation for a non-inverting amplifier:

Vout/Vin = 1 + (R2/R1)

In this case, R2 is the impedance of the 1 ohm resistor and the 1/6F capacitor in parallel, which can be simplified to 6s/7. R1 is the input impedance of the opamp, which is typically very high and can be assumed to be infinity for most circuits. Therefore, the transfer function for this circuit can be written as:

Vout/Vin = 1 + (6s/7)

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

What is a transfer function?

A transfer function is a mathematical representation of a system's input-output relationship. It describes how the output of a system responds to different inputs, and is commonly used in control theory and signal processing.

How do I find the transfer function for a system?

The transfer function for a system can be found by taking the Laplace transform of the system's differential equations. This transforms the equations into algebraic equations that can be manipulated to find the transfer function.

What is the significance of the attached image in relation to transfer functions?

The attached image likely shows a block diagram or circuit diagram of a system, with input and output signals labeled. It is used to illustrate the input-output relationship of the system and can help in finding the transfer function.

What is the purpose of finding a solution for a transfer function?

The solution for a transfer function can help in understanding and analyzing the behavior of a system. It can also be used to design controllers or filters to modify the system's response to different inputs.

Can transfer functions be used for any type of system?

Yes, transfer functions can be used for a wide range of systems, including mechanical, electrical, and biological systems. They are a powerful tool for analyzing and controlling systems in various fields of science and engineering.