Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Transfer Function

1. Nov 24, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I need help finding the transfer function for the attached image.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

I combined the 1/6F cap and the 1 ohm resistor into a single impedence. I know the AV of the opamp is -0.5/(6s+1). After that I am stumped.

Is there a name of this specific circuit?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2011 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Have you tried nodal analysis? Call node "a" the junction of the input 1Ω resistor and the capacitors, call node "b" the inverting input of the op-amp. The output of the op-amp can be Vo, while the circuit input signal is Vi. Remember the properties of an op-amp; there's a negative feedback loop, so what can you say about the voltage at the input terminals? How about the current?

4. Nov 24, 2011 #3
    Ok, I know I am on the right track. I have tried a couple things, but didn';t quite get it. I guess my problem is relating V- to V+. I want to think that V- = V+ = 0, but I don't think thats right. I know the answer (it is at the top of the sheet). Here is what I have so far now.

Attached Files:

5. Nov 25, 2011 #4
    I got it :) Thx anyhow! Little bit of patience and practice pays off

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook