Trifunction Derivatives problem

• Thread starter cracker
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derivatives
In summary, the speaker has questions on derivatives after missing a class on Trifunction Derivatives. They are looking for rules or a link to help them understand, as their teacher's notes are sometimes not helpful. They specifically mention the quotient, product, and chain rules for derivatives of trigonometric functions.
cracker
I have questions on derivatives cause today I did not go to school and miss Caculus AB and we went over Trifunction Derivatives.

So can anybody show me the rules or send me a link cause I would ask a friend the notes but sometimes my teacher gives bad notes...

Physics news on Phys.org
cracker said:
I have questions on derivatives cause today I did not go to school and miss Caculus AB and we went over Trifunction Derivatives.

So can anybody show me the rules or send me a link cause I would ask a friend the notes but sometimes my teacher gives bad notes...

Do you mean the derivative rules for trigonometric functions?
http://www.sosmath.com/calculus/diff/der03/der03.html

The quotient Rule is:
y= u/v

y'= [(vu'-uv')/(v^2)]

The product Rule is:
y= uv

y'= (vu'+uv')

the chain Rule is:

y=u^n

y'=(n)(u^n-1)(u')

Last edited:

What is a trifunction derivative?

A trifunction derivative is a type of derivative that involves three different functions. It is used to calculate the rate of change of a function with respect to three different variables.

What is the purpose of a trifunction derivative?

The purpose of a trifunction derivative is to determine the instantaneous rate of change of a function with respect to three variables. This can be useful in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics.

How is a trifunction derivative calculated?

A trifunction derivative is calculated by taking the partial derivatives of the three functions and combining them using the chain rule. This results in a single expression that represents the rate of change of the overall function with respect to the three variables.

When is a trifunction derivative used?

A trifunction derivative is typically used when dealing with multivariate functions, where the function depends on three or more variables. It is also used in optimization problems and in the study of complex systems.

What are some real-life applications of trifunction derivatives?

Trifunction derivatives have various real-life applications, such as in physics for calculating the acceleration of a moving object, in economics for determining the marginal rate of substitution, and in chemistry for analyzing the reaction rates of chemical reactions.