Triple equation for integral on a graph

In summary, the conversation is about finding the volume of a shape using integrals. The person is struggling to find the equation for the second plane and is wondering if there are other surfaces that can be used to bound the volume. The parameter "a" is the length of the edges and is used in the equation for the line. It is mentioned that the shape is a regular tetrahedron and the person has searched for a formula for the line in 3D space online. They also mention that the problem may be considered homework and suggest reviewing resources for integration with "funny limits."
NODARman
TL;DR Summary
Hi, so I'm trying to find the volume of a shape using integral, I found the equation of one plane in 3D space but the second one is something like that, which I cannot write in integral as a function: ##\frac{2(2x-a)}{a}=-\frac{2(6y-a\sqrt3)}{a\sqrt3}=\frac{2z-a\sqrt3}{a\sqrt3}##
In the 3D viewer program, I wrote this and it made a line, but I needed a plane. Other points of that shape were connected, for example, z=3y and it was a plane, that can be written in integral. When I solve for x it wasn't right in the 3D coordinate system space.
Like I can write integral of (3y)dy but not integral of (2x=3y=4z)dxdydz... :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221226-215713.png
    Screenshot_20221226-215713.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is this homework?

Are there other surfaces that bound the volume?

How is the parameter "a" used?

scottdave said:
Is this homework?

Are there other surfaces that bound the volume?

How is the parameter "a" used?
Sorry, I wrote little information, so it's a regular tetrahedron.
I recalculated that and the function of the line (which is bisectriz of the BCD triangle/surface) is a little bit different. But the main problem is how to calculate the volume under that triangle. I've searched the formula of the line (in 3D space) on the internet btw.

"a" is the length of the edges.

P.S. Kinda homework-ish...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-27 18.57.23.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-27 18.57.23.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 86

1. What is the triple equation for integral on a graph?

The triple equation for integral on a graph is an equation that represents the area under a three-dimensional curve on a graph. It is used to calculate the volume of a solid bounded by the curve and the x-y plane.

2. How is the triple equation for integral on a graph different from the double equation for integral on a graph?

The triple equation for integral on a graph is an extension of the double equation for integral on a graph. While the double equation calculates the area under a two-dimensional curve, the triple equation calculates the volume under a three-dimensional curve.

3. What are the variables used in the triple equation for integral on a graph?

The variables used in the triple equation for integral on a graph are x, y, and z. These variables represent the three dimensions of a three-dimensional graph and are used to define the boundaries of the integral.

4. How is the triple equation for integral on a graph applied in real-life situations?

The triple equation for integral on a graph is commonly used in physics, engineering, and other fields to calculate the volume of three-dimensional objects. It is also used in economics to calculate the total revenue or profit of a company.

5. Can the triple equation for integral on a graph be solved using software or do I have to do it manually?

The triple equation for integral on a graph can be solved using software such as MATLAB, Wolfram Alpha, or other graphing calculators. However, it is important to understand the concept and steps involved in solving the equation manually before relying on software.