Tsunami Picture: Found on Web | FunnyJunk

• Thread starter Miles
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Picture
In summary, a tsunami is a series of large ocean waves caused by a sudden displacement of water, typically due to an earthquake, volcanic eruption, or underwater landslide. Tsunami pictures found on the web are typically taken by individuals who were present during a tsunami event, or they may be satellite images captured by organizations such as NASA or NOAA. It is not safe to take pictures of a tsunami, as they are extremely dangerous and can cause widespread destruction and loss of life. However, looking at tsunami pictures can help scientists better understand the effects of a tsunami and develop early warning systems. There are several websites, such as NOAA and USGS, that provide accurate and reliable tsunami pictures.
Miles
I found it on the web:

http://www.funnyjunk.com/p/killer_dog-jpg.html

So that's what your planing on doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I hope she doesn't get a heartattack from seeing that title.. :biggrin: it sure made me very curious :eek:

I doubt Tsunami gets heart attacks, she gives them.

:biggrin: :wink: :biggrin:

Now you all know the first thing I see every day.

It's an image of "The Morning Face"

ha ha ha, thanks for the laugh

jimmy p said:
It's an image of "The Morning Face"
What do you mean, jimmy? That's my "All Day Face"! :biggrin:

1. What exactly is a tsunami?

A tsunami is a series of large ocean waves caused by a sudden displacement of water, typically due to an earthquake, volcanic eruption, or underwater landslide.

2. How is a tsunami picture found on the web?

Tsunami pictures found on the web are typically taken by individuals who were present during a tsunami event, or they may be satellite images captured by organizations such as NASA or NOAA.

3. Is it safe to take pictures of a tsunami?

No, it is not safe to take pictures of a tsunami. Tsunamis are extremely dangerous and can cause widespread destruction and loss of life. It is important to evacuate to higher ground if a tsunami is approaching.

4. How can looking at tsunami pictures help scientists?

Tsunami pictures can help scientists better understand the effects of a tsunami and the areas that are most vulnerable to its impact. They can also be used to study the behavior and patterns of tsunamis, which can aid in developing early warning systems.

5. Are there any websites that provide accurate and reliable tsunami pictures?

Yes, there are several websites that provide accurate and reliable tsunami pictures, such as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the United States Geological Survey (USGS). It is important to use trusted sources when looking for information and pictures of natural disasters.