1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Urgent EMF help

1. Aug 1, 2005 #1
    hey, i have a physics quiestion which i am stuck on any help would be much appreciated

you are asked to design a generator to produce the same 50Hz, 240V(rms) as found in a domestic voltage outlet

The generator is made of a single flat coilbeing made to rotate in a uniform magnetic field of strength 0.08T. the coil may be of any surface area and have as many turns as you like, provided the area and number are "reasonable" values. the length of the coil is L, its width is W, and it spins at an angular rate (omega)w = 2Pi.50 rads/s

What values would you choose for thr area of the coil, A, and for the number of turns, N, that will provide this emf.

i have never done physics before so i dont even no what to begin...could comeone please run me though how i would attempt it..
    thankyou

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 1, 2005 #2
    check here:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=83812

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?